Spanish economic development in perspective. Growth factors of the Spanish economy (natural resources, saving and raising capital, innovation, and technological change). Main economic sectors: agriculture, industry, construction, energy, services. Institutional and distributive aspects such as the labor market, financial system, public sector, and distribution of income. Economic structure and characteristics of the Valencian economy.
Spanish Economy is a subject that studies and analyzes
current structure of our economic system, as well as the most important milestones of its recent trajectory. It is therefore a key to understanding the basics of applying economic analysis to understand the environment surrounding the company. His study will allow students to articulate and establish links with the rest of the subjects were studied in the degree.
Studying and analyzing what happened in years past, lessons can be learned about its operation, so the Spanish Economy course uses a retrospective view of economic history in our country. The historical view is essential as we have noted, but the added value is contributed to the study of this subject is to understand and interpret from the standpoint of objective or purpose is instruments and means which follows the structure of economic policy, which have been economic priorities for Spain and how they have approached from the authorities who have governed our country. A Bachelor of Business Administration and Management must understand the economic context in which they live and interact with other economic agents. This will determine what economic, political and legislative, social and cultural, technological, environmental, etc.. Are more relevant to take into account when making decisions and design business strategies. Therefore this document is related to subjects of analysis and economic fundamentals, particularly macroeconomics and more focused on business economics. The course will help students Spanish economy, specially in this early stage is as important as the analysis of the economic environment, in order to get ensure successful business decisions.
Competencies and learning outcomes
- Ability to use the tools and instruments necessary for properly observing the systems under study.
- Ability to identify the structure of governments, businesses, institutions, public organisms and organizations in general, as well as for interpreting the regulations and procedures necessary for carrying out projects and other activities.
- Critical and analytical skills in the relevant specialty area.
- Capacity for evaluating, optimizing, and comparing criteria in decision making.
- Ability to communicate in formal, graphic, and symbolic styles, as well as with oral and written forms of expression.
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Capacity to consolidate, expand, and integrate fundamental knowledge within the branch of social and legal sciences.
- Disposition for methodologies and efficient self-learning skills to adapt to and update new knowledge and scientific advances, as well as to changing needs in order to adopt an aptitude for innovation and creativity in the profession.
- Ability to relate knowledge about basic economic theories and institutions.
- Ability to analyze general problems within the field of microeconomics and macroeconomics.
- Capacity to perceive and value the importance of new technologies within the business environment and its economic surroundings.
- Capacity to use and interpret business data and information for specialized reporting and decision making.
- Capacity to identify and evaluate the impact of economic events on enterprises.
Objectives (Learning outcomes)
- 01To understand the main issues relating to behavior and evolution of the Spanish economy.
- 02To understand the network of public and private support to Spanish companies.
- 03Knowing the most relevant economic objectives on the national scene.
- 04Apply the instruments or means to achieve the aims set out in the Spanish economy.
- 05Knowing the structure of the Spanish public sector from an international perspective.
- 06Studying the various elements of Spanish financial system and the main weaknesses, strengths of the sector.
- 07To train students to support and argue the pros and cons of any policy implementation.
- 08Perform a systematic and profound process of economic growth and social and economic implications of that process in the Spanish economy.
- 09Carry out a sectoral analysis of the Spanish economy. Focusing primarily on the agricultural, industrial and service sectors.
- 010Analizar la distribución de la renta en España y su trayectoria.
- 011Understand the role of the general budget as a tool of economic policy and the consequences of budgetary imbalances in the Spanish Treasury.
Association between objectives and units
|Week||Teaching units||Directed hours||Shared hours||Autonomous hours||Total hours|
- Jose Luis Garcia Delgado. Rafael Myro. "Lecciones de Economía Española 2015". Civitas.
- Jose Luis Garcia Delgado. Rafael Myro. "Economía Española. Una introducción 2015". Civitas.
- Servicios de Estudios del Banco de España. "El análisis de la Economía Española". Alianza Editorial.
Methodology and grading
- Case studies: Learning through the analysis of actual or simulated cases in order to interpret and resolve them by employing various alternative solution procedures.
- Cooperative learning: Develop active learning through cooperative working strategies among students and promote shared responsibility to reach group goals.
- Lecture: Pass on knowledge and activate cognitive processes in students, encouraging their participation.
- Problem-based learning: Develop active learning strategies through problem solving that promote thinking, experimentation, and decision making in the student.
- Solving exercises and problems: Exercise, test, and apply previous knowledge through routine repetition.
Evaluation is based on the outcome of the final exam (70%), practices individuals (10%), and other individual activities (10%), group activities (10%).