Internalization of new child development theories, theoretical models, and treatment strategies for occupational therapy intervention with children and their families. Use of child assessment tools and those of their environment. Treatment techniques used most in pediatrics.
Es mision del Terapeuta Ocupacional ser capaz de tener estrategias para evaluar e intervenir en niños con alteraciones en el desarrollo o riesgo de padecerlas, con el fin de conseguir su máxima calidad de vida, tal como lo plantea la Organización Mundial de la Salud (OMS, 1985).
Competencies and learning outcomes
Objectives (Learning outcomes)
- 01Provide students with strategies to assess and intervene in children with developmental disorders or risk of suffering, in order to achieve maximum quality of life, as stated by the World Health Organization (WHO, 1985
- 02Know the different developmental disorders that affect the learning process of adaptation and normal child
- 03Be able to reach a functional diagnosis of the child with special needs
- 04Be able to develop an intervention program specific to each child pair as a function of their needs
- Jane Case Smith. "Occupational Therapy for children". Mosby.
- Julio Perez Lopez. Alfredo Brito. "Manual de Atencion Temprana". Piramide.
- Diane Papalia. Ruth Feldman. "Desarrollo humano". Mc Graw Hill.
Methodology and grading
- Lecture: Pass on knowledge and activate cognitive processes in students, encouraging their participation.
- Problem-based learning: Develop active learning strategies through problem solving that promote thinking, experimentation, and decision making in the student.
- Project-based learning: Realization of a project to solve a problem, applying acquired learning and promoting abilities related to planning, design, performing activities, and reaching conclusions.
- The final evaluation count of two parts: 70% of the theoretical to evaluate a multiple-choice test and short questions. and the remaining 30% will be obtained in the final of the practices. This note will be the result of the evaluation of the professional tutor training center and the assessment by the academic supervisor of the final report of the practices