Design, calculation, and dimensioning of the construction elements and the necessary infrastructure for planning the buildings that will be constructed in the course of practicing the profession. Control and execution of works within the legal framework of agro-industrial building. Design and project constraints of agro-industrial buildings, their functional organization, and general conditions concerning location. Characteristics of rural roads and methods for their design and construction. Prevention and occupational hazards.
The subject is based on a continuation and intensification of the behavior and structure analysis and solid mechanics in the subject starts 2nd year: Calculation of structures and construction. Finally, the last part of the subject introduces basic concepts of soil mechanics in order to know the soil as a structural material.
Competencies and learning outcomes
- Knowledge of technical, scientific, and technological subjects to enable learning new methods and technologies, as well as endowing the student with great versatility for adapting to new situations.
- Ability to design, plan, organize, and control systems, processes and components that meet the needs of society within actual environmental conditions.
- Ability to develop projects within the field.
- Capacity for continuous improvement, experimentation, and innovation.
- Capacity to use tools for solving problems within the field.
- Critical and analytical skills in the relevant specialty area.
- Creativity and imagination within the field of engineering and architecture.
- Capacity to evaluate, optimize, and compare criteria in decision making.
- Capacity to write, represent, analyze, and interpret technical documentation and data relevant to engineering and architecture.
- Ability to communicate and convey knowledge between expert and non-expert environments.
- Capacity to update knowledge independently with a constant willingness to do so.
- Capacity for planning, design, drafting, and signing projects in construction, remodeling, repair, conservation, demolition, manufacturing, installation, assembly, and the exploitation of moveable and immovable goods and property that due their nature and features are included within the very techniques of agricultural and farm production (installations and buildings, farms, infrastructure, rural roads), the agro-food industry (extractive, fermentation, dairy, canning, fruits and vegetables, meat, fish, salted fish industries, and in general, any other dedicated to the preparation and/or processing, conservation, handling, distribution of food products), and gardening and landscaping (urban and/or rural green spaces, parks, gardens, greenhouses, urban forest, etc., public and private sporting installations, environments undergoing landscape recovery).
- Adequate knowledge of the physical problems, technologies, equipment, and water and energy supply systems, the limits imposed by budgetary factors and building regulations, the relationships between installations and/or buildings with farms, agro-food industries, and spaces related to gardening and landscaping with their social and environmental surroundings, as well as the need to relate those from that environment with human needs and environmental protection.
- Ability to lead the execution of works on projects related to agri-food industries, farms, green spaces and their facilities, infrastructure and installations, the prevention of risks associated with their execution, and the direction of multidisciplinary teams and human resources management in accordance with ethical standards.
- Knowledge of basic, scientific, and technological matters that enable continuous learning, as well as a capacity to adapt to new situations and changing environments.
- Ability to solve problems with creativity, initiative, methodology, and critical thinking.
- Leadership, communication, and transmission of knowledge, skills, and abilities in social fields of action.
- Ability to search for and use the rules and regulations relative to the field of action.
- Ability to develop activities, assuming a social, ethical, and environmental commitment in tune with the reality of the human and natural environments.
- Capacity to work on multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Ability to recognize, understand, and utilize the principles of animal production technologies.
- Ability to recognize, understand, and utilize the principles of animal anatomy. Animal physiology. Animal production, protection, and exploitation systems. Animal production techniques. Genetics and animal breeding.
- Ability to recognize, understand, and utilize the principles of plant production technologies.
- Ability to recognize, understand, and utilize the principles of production and exploitation systems. Crop protection against pests and diseases. Technology and cropping systems of plant species. Agroenergetics.
- Ability to recognize, understand, and utilize the principles of agricultural engineering operations.
- Ability to recognize, understand, and utilize the principles of agricultural operations electrification, agricultural machinery, irrigation systems and technology, and agricultural installations. Facilities for health and animal welfare.
Objectives (Learning outcomes)
- 01Know the infrastructure necessary for the implementation of an agro building.
- 02Describe the different methods for calculating deflections.
- 03Develop computational methods to solve statically indeterminate structures.
- 04Analyze existing regulations for sizing bar with metal structure.
- 05Identify the methodology of calculation of foundations.
- 06Use commercial software for the calculation and dimensioning of structures.
Association between objectives and units
|Week||Teaching units||Directed hours||Shared hours||Autonomous hours||Total hours|
- Ferrández-Villena García, Manuel / García Ortuño, Teresa / Ferrández García, Ma Teresa / Flores Yepes, José Antonio. "Cálculo y dimensionado de pórticos isostáticos". Orihuela Ediciones TC 2007.
- García Ortuño, Teresa. Ferrández García, Ma Teresa / Ferrández-Villena García, Manuel. "Ingeniería rural construcción". Orihuela Ediciones TC D.L.1999.
- Garcimartin, Miguel Angel. Sánchez Espinosa, Elvira col. / Masana Guitart, Jordi col. "Edificación agroindustrial estructuras metálicas". Madrid Mundi-Prensa 2000.
- Rodríguez Martín, Luis Felipe. "Curso de estructuras metálicas". Madrid Colegio Oficial de Arquitectos 1992.
- "Código técnico de edificación (CTE)". Madrid Ministerio de la Vivienda Boletín Oficial del Estado 2006.
- Argèuelles Amado, Antonio. Viña Olay, Isabel. "Problemas de elasticidad y resistencia de materiales". Madrid Bellisco 1998.
- Monfort Lleonart, José. Pardo Ros, José Luis / Guardiola Villora, Arianna. "Problemas de estructuras metalicas adaptados al código técnico". Valencia UPV 2008.
- Timoshenko, Stephen (1878-1972). Young, Donovan Harold / Ibáñez Morlán, Luis / Ibáñez García, Miguel / Gimeno de la Peña, José María. "Elementos de resistencia de materiales". México Limusa 1997.
Methodology and grading
- Case studies: Learning through the analysis of actual or simulated cases in order to interpret and resolve them by employing various alternative solution procedures.
- Lecture: Pass on knowledge and activate cognitive processes in students, encouraging their participation.
- Solving exercises and problems: Exercise, test, and apply previous knowledge through routine repetition.
- 1. Accomplishment of a work (report of practices).
Initially of the semester one will propose the production of a report that will have to be delivered at the end of the last three practices. The delivery of the alone report will be possible to those pupils who have been present at the meetings practices, which are voluntary, and his value will be 2 points on the final note.
This test will consist of the resolution of several practical exercises. The one who has delivered the report of practices, will be able to stop realizing paragraphs that add the quantity of 2 points.
The one who has not realized the report of practices will have to do all the paragraphs of the examination and will count on 10.