Basic and specific teaching principles in the teaching-learning process of the teaching specialties of German, French, English, Italian, Portuguese, Latin, and Greek.
Competencies and learning outcomes
- Know the curriculum content of the matters relating to the appropriate teaching specialization, and the body of didactic knowledge about the teaching and learning. The knowledge of the respective professions will be included for the professional training.
- Plan, develop, and evaluate the teaching and learning process, enhancing educational processes that facilitate attaining the skills of the respective education, based on the students' previous levels and training, and guiding them both individually and collectively with other center teachers and school professionals.
- Define the curriculum to be implemented at an educational center through participation in its collective planning; develop and apply group and individual teaching methodologies adapted to the diversity of its students.
- Design and develop learning spaces with special reference to equity, emotional education and values, equal rights and opportunities for men and women, civic education and respect for human rights that facilitate life in society, decision making and building a sustainable future.
- Acquire strategies to encourage student effort and promote their ability to learn by themselves and with others, and develop thinking and decision-making skills to facilitate autonomy and instill confidence and personal initiative.
- Understand the processes of interaction and communication in the classroom, master social skills and abilities necessary for stimulating learning and coexistence in the classroom, and address discipline problems and conflict resolution.
- Design and organize formal and informal activities that increase the participation and culture in the educational center; perform the functions of mentoring and guiding students in a collaborative and coordinated manner; participate in the evaluation, research and innovation in teaching and learning.
- Inform and advise families about the teaching and learning process, and about personal, academic, and professional orientation of their children.
- Understand the educational and cultural value of the material that corresponds to the specialization and contents that are taught in the respective education.
- Know the history and recent developments of the subject matter and its perspectives to convey a dynamic view.
- Understand contexts and situations wherein diverse curricular contents are used or applied.
- Know the processes and resources for preventing learning and coexistence problems, and the processes of assessment and academic and professional guidance.
- Understand the theoretical and practical developments of teaching and learning of the relevant materials.
- Transform curricula in activity and work programs.
- Acquire criteria for selecting and developing educational materials.
- Foster a climate that facilitates learning and places value on the contributions of students.
- Integrate training in audiovisual and multimedia communication in the teaching-learning process.
- Know and apply innovative teaching proposals in the area of the specialization taught.
- Learn assessment strategies and techniques and understand the assessment as a tool to regulate and encourage effort.
Objectives (Learning outcomes)
- Conocer las consideraciones relacionadas con la elaboración y puesta en marcha de una programación de aula.
- Adaptar e integrar metodologías docentes, así como recursos TIC, en la programación didáctica.
- Conocer los principios básicos para la creación de proyectos docentes innovadores y su implementación en el aula.
- Desarrollar la evaluación de la práctica docente en la programación de aula.
- Estar al dia sobre buenas prácticas y prácticas innovadoras en las materias vinculadas a la especialidad.
- Carmen Guillén. Juan María Supiot, Carmen Vera, M. Luisa Villanueva, Guillaume, Jerome Béliard, Evelyne Bérard, Jean Michael Ducrot. "Didáctica del Francés".
- Susan House. Katharine Blanca, Gavin David, Ramiro Duran, Karina Vidal Fondo, Paul Allen, Nicky Hockly, Jorge Bascón, Beatriz Calle, Michael Downie. "Didáctica del Inglés".
- Beatriz Caballero de Rodas, Cristina Escobar y Mª Dolores Masats. "Didáctica de las lenguas extranjeras en la educación secundaria obligatoria ". Síntesis.
- Joan Vaello Orts. "Didáctica de las lenguas extranjeras en la educación secundaria obligatoria ". Graó.
Methodology and grading
- Case studies: Learning through the analysis of actual or simulated cases in order to interpret and resolve them by employing various alternative solution procedures.
- Cooperative learning: Develop active learning through cooperative working strategies among students and promote shared responsibility to reach group goals.
- Lecture: Pass on knowledge and activate cognitive processes in students, encouraging their participation.