This course intends for the student to gain experience planning, teaching, and assessing the material corresponding to the specialty, to master oral and written expression in teaching, to master social skills and abilities necessary for strengthening a climate that facilitates learning and coexistence, to participate in the improvement proposals in various action areas from reflection based on experience. In the professional training, the student will learn business typology corresponding to productive sectors and will understand the most common organizational systems in business. Specifically, the Practicum material is presented as the student joins a psychological intervention team at a health center or a multidisciplinary team.
Assessment and psychological intervention skills learning and improvement within the framework of the Health Psychology
Competencies and learning outcomes
- Acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to carry out psychological research, assessments, and interventions on aspects of behavior and activities of persons that influence the promotion and improvement of overall health, provided that such activities do not require specialized attention by other health professionals.
- Acquire, develop, and implement a comprehensive concept of health that includes its biopsychosocial components, in accordance with guidelines established by the World Health Organization.
- Apply fundamentals of bioethics and the method of deliberation in professional practice, adjusting practice as a health professional to the provisions of Law 44/2003, of 21 November, regarding the organization of the health professions.
- Demonstrate interpersonal communication skills and the handling of proper emotions for effective interaction with patients, their family members, and caregivers in the processes of identification of the problem, its assessment, communicating the diagnosis and psychological intervention and monitoring.
- Critical analysis and use of clinical information sources.
- Use information and communications technology in professional practice.
- Write appropriate psychological reports for their recipients.
- Formulate working hypotheses in research and compile and assess information critically for the resolution of problems, applying the scientific method.
- Understand the action framework of the general health psychologist and know how to refer to the relevant professional specialist.
- Develop work from the perspective of quality and continuous improvement with the necessary capacity for self-analysis for responsible professional practice.
- Know how to communicate and how to do so with other professionals, and master the skills necessary for working on teams and with multidisciplinary groups.
- Possess the knowledge of the duties and responsibilities of health personnel regarding the confidentiality of information and the protection of personal patient data.
- In-depth knowledge of different assessment and intervention models in the field of general health psychology, as well as the ensuing techniques and procedures for addressing behavioral disorders and psychological factors associated with health problems.
- Plan, implement, and, where appropriate, supervise the psychological evaluation process of human behavior and the psychological factors associated with health problems in order to establish their assessment.
- Design, develop, and, where appropriate, supervise and evaluate psychological intervention plans and programs in terms of the psychological evaluation and the concurrent individual and social variables in each case.
- Knowledge of current regulations in the Spanish health sector.
- Implement activities that promote and educate on individual and community psychological health.
Objectives (Learning outcomes)
- - To Evaluate and properly diagnose people and contexts, - To Perform critical analysis of the work plan of the center, - To Determine the needs of patients and professionals from the center, - To Participate in the activities offered by the center, - To Report on the work and activities both with professionals who accompany him in his task, and the specific actions -To Provide knowledge and ideas to the dynamics of the center. -To Identify, to describe and To reflect on the different models of intervention to improvements to established processes, - To Propose innovative actions related to professional practice.
Methodology and grading
- EVALUATION OF PRACTICES
Attendance DURING THE PRACTICES AND tutoring sessions CLINICS AND SHARING SESSIONS
STUDENTS / AS. They are MANDATORY ACTIVITIES AND CONDITIONS NECESSARY TO OVERCOME
-Evaluation GUARDIANS OF A COURT OF ACADEMIC PRACTICE REPORT FORMAT POWER POINT PRESENTATION
(100% of the grade).
SCRIPT FOR THE REPORT OF PRACTICES
Elaboration of a POWER POINT WHERE THE ACTIVITY PERFORMED IN THE FIRST PHASE OF PRACTICES described.
It will be presented in July / September (depending WHEN ANNEX END THE PRACTICE) and each student will have a maximum of 5 minutes.
Academic tutors ASSESSMENT ACTIVITY
SCHEME TO FOLLOW:
SECTION 1: DESCRIPTION OF THE CENTER AND PATIENTS / USERS
1. DESCRIPTION OF THE CENTER (TYPE, benefits and services, BYPASS USER,
TIME DISTRIBUTION OF RESOURCES AND PROFESSIONAL SPACE OR MATERIAL, ETC.)
2. PROFILE OF PATIENTS (PROBLEM OR DISEASE, AGE, SOCIOECONÓMICOCULTURAL PROFILE
AVERAGE STAY, SYSTEM SUPPORT, ETC.)
3. CENTER TEAM (Functions of each professional activities performed, OBJECTIVES
GENERAL, methods or techniques used)
4. COMMENTS a student wishes to state.
SECTION 2: DESCRIPTION ON THE WORK
1. DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE PROGRAMS, assessments and interventions
2. ASSESSMENT OF THE TASKS EVALUATION, ANALYSIS AND PSYCHOLOGICAL INTERVENTION AS WELL AS
SECTION 3: ASSESSMENT AND PRACTICE CENTER MADE:
1. ASSESSMENT SERVICES AND FITNESS CENTER TO TYPE OF COLLECTIVE (FITNESS,
2. ASSESSMENT OF THE SAME ORGANIZATION (SCHEDULE, programs, activities).
3. ASSESSMENT OF MATERIALS AND RESOURCES AVAILABLE.
4. proposals or ideas that could be added.
5. RELATIONSHIP WITH PATIENTS AND CONDITIONS OR CONSIDERATIONS or resolve.
6. RELATIONSHIP WITH THE EQUIPMENT AND DEGREE TO BE TRANSMITTED TO KNOWLEDGE
REQUIRED FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF PRACTICE.