Course instructors are responsible for the course content descriptions in English.
1. Clinical description, epidemiology, and comorbidity of behavioral problems (disobedience, aggressiveness, defiant-negative disorder, dissocial disorder, etc.).
2. Etiology and risk factors of behavioral problems.
3. Assessment and effective treatment for behavioral problems.
4. Clinical description, epidemiology, and comorbidity of learning problems (difficulties with reading, written expression, mathematics).
5. Etiology and risk factors of learning problems.
6. Assessment and effective treatment for learning problems.
Externalized disorders (behavioral problems, aggressive behavior, disobedience, defiant and dissociative negativist) and learning problems in childhood and adolescence are a very frequent reason for the child clinician, which requires knowledge and skills for their evaluation and treatment.
Competencies and learning outcomes
- Be able to recognize and accept the ambiguity and complexity of psychological problems, as well as the tentative nature of their explanations and social context where they occur.
- Be able to reach an adequate level of understanding about the demands of the recipient in every situation or application context.
- Critically evaluate information and apply the scientific method to improve professional practice.
- Formulate hypotheses, assess information, and promote viable solutions to professional cases and situations.
- Be able to analyze, evaluate, and assess individual and collective situations, identify problems, interpret data, and formulate solutions to individual or collective problems.
- Apply ethics and deontological principles to the profession, considering user rights.
- Be able to upgrade, consolidate, and integrate new knowledge to improve the profession using continuous self-learning techniques and critical analysis.
Objectives (Learning outcomes)
- The student will be able to apply diagnostic criteria in behavioral problems.
- The student may apply the appropriate tests to produce a diagnostic of behavorial disorders.
- The student will be able to intervene in behavioral disorders in children and adolescents
- The student will be able to apply diagnostic criteria in the different learning problems.
- The student may apply the appropriate assessment tests to develop a diagnosis of learning problems.
- Students will be able to intervene in behavioral disorders in children and adolescents.
Methodology and grading
- The evaluation system is as follows:
a)-Exam (50%): 20 questions with 3 choices of response. The correction system is PD = A - (E/k-1) / (number of items/10), where A is the number of correct answers, E the mistakes, and k the number of options. You need a 5 to pass the exam. b)-Portfolio (30%): activities indicated by the professor.
c)-Teaching online (20%): activities in the virtual platform led by the teacher.
The extraordinary exams in September and December will consist in an exam on the theoretical contents (50%) and an exam on the applied contents (50%).