Topic 1. CRIMINOLOGICAL DEFINITION OF TERRORISM
Topic 2. CONCEPTUAL ELEMENTS
Terrorism as political violence.
Terrorism as symbolic violence.
Terrorism as an act of propaganda.
Terrorism as a moral problem.
Terrorism as organized violence.
Terrorism as a criminal phenomenon.
Topic 3. TERRORIST GROUPS
Terrorism as an organization.
The strength of the group.
Paradigmatic groups: terrorism by ETA and Islamic terrorism.
Topic 4. TERRORISM AS A COMPONENT OF A VIOLENT GROUP (I)
The criminological profile of a terrorist.
Topic 5. TERRORISM AS A COMPONENT OF A VIOLENT GROUP (II)
Topic 6. CRIMINOLOGICAL CONCLUSIONS
Comparison between terrorists and terrorism.
Topic 7. TERRORISM: POLITICAL/CRIMINAL VISION
1. Common elements of "terrorism" from a criminal and political perspective.
2. Harmful effects of terrorism on society.
3. Some political/criminal measures against terrorism.
Topic 8. LEGISLATIVE POLICY AGAINST TERRORISM
1. Criminal and political models of criminal intervention used by states against terrorism.
2. A new model of legislative policy: criminal law of the enemy.
3. Final conclusions.
Topic 9. INTERNATIONAL INSTRUMENTS AGAINST TERRORISM
Topic 10. CRIMES OF TERRORISM IN THE SPANISH PENAL CODE
2. Concepts of armed group and terrorist organization.
3. System of criminal offenses.
4. Individual (lone wolf) and isolated terrorists.
Multiple choice exam or achievement test.
Via the online teaching platform http://secip.umh.es
Refer to the manuals indicated on the webpage.
Distribution of hours
Lecture hours: 25 Laboratory hours: 5