General laws of fields, waves, and electromagnetism, and their applications for resolving engineering problems.
Durante el aprendizaje de la asignatura de Fundamentos Físicos II, el alumno aprenderá a encontrar la solución de problemas en base a conocimientos previamente adquiridos, lo que le facilitará el enfrentamiento con problemas reales en el desempeño futuro de su profesión. También lo hará de forma razonada, de modo que el método de trabajo aprendido pueda servirle en cualquier situación a lo largo de su vida.
Competencies and learning outcomes
- Knowledge about basic material and technologies that enable learning new methods and technologies, as well as providing tremendous versatility for adapting to new situations.
- Capacity to resolve problems with initiative, decision making, creativity, and to communicate and transmit knowledge, abilities, and skills, understanding the ethical and professional responsibility of the activities of the telecommunications technical engineer.
- Knowledge for performing measurements, calculations, assessments, appraisals, surveys, studies, reports, work plans, and other similar tasks within the specific field of telecommunications.
- Ability to work on a multidisciplinary team and in a multilingual environment, and to communicate, both in writing and orally, knowledge, procedures, results, and ideas related to telecommunications and electronics.
- Understanding and mastery of the basic concepts about the general laws of mechanics, thermodynamics, fields, waves, electromagnetism, and their application towards resolving engineering problems.
Objectives (Learning outcomes)
- 01Planning solutions to the given problems
- 02Giving reasoned answers to the problems as a function of the adquired knowledge
- 03Establishing relationships in a continuous way, based in the previous knowledge
- 04To spread out the knowledge with mathematical and physical tools learned
Association between objectives and units
|Week||Teaching units||Directed hours||Shared hours||Autonomous hours||Total hours|
Methodology and grading
- Case studies: Learning through the analysis of actual or simulated cases in order to interpret and resolve them by employing various alternative solution procedures.
- Lecture: Pass on knowledge and activate cognitive processes in students, encouraging their participation.
- Solving exercises and problems: Exercise, test, and apply previous knowledge through routine repetition.
- Students can choose between two modalities:
Final exam 80% -- Lab exam (quizz) 20%
Theory + Problem solution (80%) , there will be many partial exams during this course. (percentage of total exam indicated in each test)
Lab work (10%) A final report of one of the lab sessions will be delivered (data signed by the Lab Teacher)
Continuous work (10%): Both online test as well as solved problems will be valued.