Adaptation mechanisms of biological systems. Biological, pedagogical, and methodological principles of sports training. Contents, means, and methods of sports training. Technique training: concepts, relationships, periodization, planning, and biomechanical assessment. Basic and complex fitness: types, development methodology, periodization, and assessment. Integrated psychological training.
Essential to properly organize the athlete training process
Competencies and learning outcomes
- Understand the structure and function of the human body at different stages of development.
- Recognize the differences between normal human body function and its changes, and determine the impact and effects from demographic, environmental, social, and cultural health determinants in the population.
- Capacity to analyze, evaluate, and assess individual and collective situations, identify problems, interpret data, and formulate solutions to individual or collective problems.
- Establish good interpersonal communication to address the community you work with and the individuals you relate to effectively and with empathy.
- Be capable of working in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams and leading multidisciplinary teams.
- Apply the professional code of ethics considering user rights and existing legislation.
- Capability to use and promote innovation and creativity to resolve professional problems.
- Assess the effects of physical exercise on the human body.
- Evaluate the physical condition and prescribe physical exercise identifying the health risks from practicing inappropriate physical activities.
- Apply physical, biological, social, and behavioral principles to the planning, development, evaluation of physical and sporting activity programs.
Objectives (Learning outcomes)
- 01To analyze the sport and physical practice context of a subject or group of subjects, being able to organize the necessary elements for this practice is carried out according to a master plan
- 02To learn, apply and develop all training and competition periodization structures and models on individual athletes and sports teams.
Association between objectives and units
|Week||Teaching units||Directed hours||Shared hours||Autonomous hours||Total hours|
- GARCIA MANSO JM. NAVARRO VALDIVIELSO M, UIZ CABALLERO JA. "PLANIFICACIÓN DEL ENTRENAMIENTO DEPORTIVO". GYMNOS.
- Kraemer WJ. Fleck SJ. "Optimizing Strength Training: Designing Nonlinear Periodization Workouts". Human Kinetics. .
- Iñigo Mújika. "Tapering and Peaking for Optimal Performance ". United States: Human Kinetics P.O. Box 5076 Champaign, IL 61825-5076 800-747-4457.
Methodology and grading
- Case studies: Learning through the analysis of actual or simulated cases in order to interpret and resolve them by employing various alternative solution procedures.
- Cooperative learning: Develop active learning through cooperative working strategies among students and promote shared responsibility to reach group goals.
- Lecture: Pass on knowledge and activate cognitive processes in students, encouraging their participation.
- Problem-based learning: Develop active learning strategies through problem solving that promote thinking, experimentation, and decision making in the student.
- Project-based learning: Realization of a project to solve a problem, applying acquired learning and promoting abilities related to planning, design, performing activities, and reaching conclusions.
- Solving exercises and problems: Exercise, test, and apply previous knowledge through routine repetition.
- The subject assessment will be divided into two theoretical and practical sections. The first section will be evaluated by a test of 50 multiple choice questions (5 options). Each test failure remains a quarter of the correct answer value . This section will be overcome with a mark of 5 points.
The second section will be evaluated by testing three developmentopen questions , in which the student must answer case problems. This test is passed with a score of 5 out of 10.
When the student passes both sections will enter the average of its notes (paragraph 1 more paragraph 2) to obtain a final mark of the subject.
In addition, those students who choose to develop a planning and periodization project (in the health or sport area), will improve their scores ratings up to 20%