1. Block of "Basic principles" Evaluation through a written examination with two parts:
- Conceptual questions and short problems, units no.1-7. 30% of the global qualification. Obtaining at least 3 of 10 points in this part is needed to approve the subject
- Written examination, part of problems, units no. 1-7. 40% of the global qualification
2. Block of "applications"
- Written and oral presentation of selected works, or the resolution of an individualized set of problems. 12% of the global qualification (it is considered that the part of the evaluation of the section corresponding to problems includes this kind of works)
- Laboratory experiments: Assistance to the laboratory, presentation of a written report of one of the experiments and written examination. In the case of not attending the laboratory experiments, the evaluation will be done by a written examination specifically written for this case. 18% of the global qualification (it is considered that the part of the evaluation of the section corresponding to problems includes this kind of works)
GENERAL NORMS FOR WRITTEN EXAMINATIONS a) The 3 parts of the exam (theory, problems and practices) will take place in date and place previously established by the School Board b) Only permitted non-programable scientific calculators. Tables of data and some formulas will be provided by the teacher c) The use of any other material (notes, books, programmable calculators, mobile phones,....) is forbidden d) Any student may request in advance the availability of test questions in English, which in any case can be answered in English
GENERAL NORMS FOR DIRECTED WORKS a) The projects (or the personalized set of problems) are individual and must be presented directly to the teacher before the deadline established by him b) After the individual presentation of a project, the teacher will establish working groups for the oral exposure and discussion of results
GENERAL NORMS FOR LABORATORY EXPERIMENTS The experiments are conducted by working groups, but the report is individualized and must be submitted (in printed form) before the deadline established by the teacher. Trained, volunteer students will act as assistants in the lab. They will be selected after an examination (of volunteer nature, which will not weight in the final rate of the subject)
FINAL REMARQ: The qualifications obtained in both the written exam (theory and problems) and the one related to laboratory experiments have to be at least 4 to perform the weighted average of the different qualifications.
In the extraordinary evaluations of September and December, the mark in the part of laboratory practices is the one obtained in the extraordinary exam (no reports are evaluated).