OPTION A (attendance to theoretical and practical classes):
- Theoretical component exam (60%): The students will be assessed through a test with 30-40 multiple choice questions and 2 essay questions in which students must master the theoretical concepts and be able to relate them to practical cases. Any questions concerning the seminars taught by teachers of the subject will be included.
- Practical component exam (15%): The students will be assessed by two open and practical questions which will be completed the same day as the theoretical component exam.
- Continuous evaluation of the practical component (15%): Through theoretical and practical, individual and group, activities to be undertaken along the course. Some activities will be carried out using the subject blog.
- Continuous evaluation of seminars (10%): Participation in seminars will be assessed.
OPTION B (NO attendance to the theoretical and practical classes):
- Theoretical component exam (70%)
- Practical component exam (30%)
These two exams have the same characteristics as have been described in Option A.
The evaluation test will consist of two parts:
Theoretical component: 30-40 multiple-answer questions and 2 development questions, in which students must master the theoretical concepts and be able to relate them to the practical cases and seminars taught by the teachers.
Practical component: Two questions of an open and practical nature that will be completed on the same day as the exam of the theoretical component.
Criteria for correction: The multiple-choice questions of the theoretical component exam will have five answer choices with one correct solution. Every four wrong answered questions, one correctly answered question is void (n-1). The score of the theoretical component exam will be distributed as follows: 7 points for multiple choice questions and 3 points for questions of development. For passing the subject it will be essential to obtain a score at or above 5 in each of the (theoretical and practical) components. In the case of Option A, the students must obtain at least 5 points in the theoretical component exam, and 5 points on average between the exam and continuous evaluation of the practical component. In the case of Option B, it will be necessary to obtain at least 5 points in both the practical and theoretical component exams. If the students pass only one of the components, this mark will be kept only from June to September.
Consequence of the exceptional situation caused by COVID-19, the Spanish University System have decided to incorporate on-line teaching methodologies to all subjects. Therefore, the teaching activity corresponding to the second semester of the 2019/2020 academic year will be subject to the following changes, specified as an addendum to the previous teaching guide approved.
Theory classes will be carried out using Google Meet and virtual campus. The sessions will be recorded and subsequently made available to students through the virtual campus.
Laboratory practices will be carried out in a single specific time slot after the new exceptional situation caused by COVID-19. During the labs, new contents will be developed to facilitate the autonomous work of the student. Students will be allowed to send of a report or a task related to the contents of the lab.
Student supervision: Student can request personal meetings with the teacher through the virtual campus and Google Meet. In the case of very specific doubts raised by the students, they can send their requests through email.
SYSTEM AND EVALUATION CRITERIA:
OPTION A. Three parts:
A) 60%: Final exam regarding theory contents, online, through Google Meet and Moodle tools.
B) 20% Final exam regarding practice contents and labs, online, through Google Meet and Moodle tools.
C) 20%: Continuous work (tasks and continuous assessment test during labs and classes) (20%).
OPTION B: Two parts
A) 70%: Final exam regarding theory contents, online, through Google Meet and Moodle tools.
B) 30% Final exam regarding practice contents and labs, online, through Google Meet and Moodle tools.
Both exams will have the same characteristics than those in option A.