Internships at athletic entities, clubs, associations, and companies within the Valencian Community.
Approach to employment
Competencies and learning outcomes
- Be capable of integrating the knowledge and handling the complexity of forming judgments from information that, however incomplete or limited, includes reflection on social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgments.
- Know how to apply acquired knowledge and problem solving abilities in new or unfamiliar environments within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related with sports performance and health.
- Know and understand biomechanical and physiological factors affecting the practice of sport, harmonizing performance and health.
- Develop sporting nutrition protocols that promote health in the practice of sport.
- Identify risks associated to the health of athletes who are training and competing improperly.
- Select and know how to use sporting material, technology, and equipment that is suitable for each type of training.
- Assess the physical condition of the athlete and prescribe physical exercise adapted to performance and health levels.
- Apply research methodology in the area of sports performance and health.
- Know and understand the effects of practicing regulated training on the structure and function of elite athletes.
- Understand the specific and practical fundamentals of metabolism in high-level training and competition.
- Plan, develop, and control the training and competition process in the field of high performance athletics.
- Apply physiological, biomechanical, and behavioral principles in managing sports training and competition in the field of high performance athletics.
- Know and understand the behavioral and social factors that condition high-level training and competition, and the effects that this produces on psychological and social aspects of elite athletes.
- Know and understand the fundamentals, structures, and functions of the skills and patterns of high-level sports.
- Understand individual technical and tactical fundamentals of sports in the field of high performance athletics.
- Understand the tactical fundamentals of high-level collective and individual sports.
- Design, develop, and evaluate programs of physical activity with attention paid to individual and contextual characteristics of individuals based on new trends and materials.
- Advanced promotion and evaluation of enduring and autonomous habits in the practice of physical activity in different populations.
- Identify the main risk factors in inadequate practice of different physical and sporting activities and produce alternative activities based on the latest scientific research.
- Develop strategies for preventing pathologies and injuries, as well as progressive reincorporation to everyday and sporting activities.
- Design, develop, and evaluate advanced programs of aquatic activities for health.
Objectives (Learning outcomes)
- Know and understand the organization and internal workings of a company
- Using technology and methodology in a real work environment
- Solve real problems arising from the practice in companies
- Ortega Toro, Enrique. "Manual de bases metodológicas de la investigación en ciencias de la actividad física y del deporte". Dm.
Methodology and grading
- Case studies: Learning through the analysis of actual or simulated cases in order to interpret and resolve them by employing various alternative solution procedures.
- Problem-based learning: Develop active learning strategies through problem solving that promote thinking, experimentation, and decision making in the student.
- Project-based learning: Realization of a project to solve a problem, applying acquired learning and promoting abilities related to planning, design, performing activities, and reaching conclusions.
- Business practices will be evaluated by the final report submitted by the student to complete the process. You will consider the report issued by the professional guardian (companies) and academic (university). The final grade for the course will be based on the following percentages:
50% for the final report submitted by the student.
25% for the report of the professional guardian.
25% for the report submitted by the academic tutor