Course instructors are responsible for the course content descriptions in English.
The internships consist in applying knowledge gained from the program in actual professional situations and locations, and such prime locations provide knowledge about the organization and operations of a functioning professional entity in addition to presenting ethical and responsibility issues. They take place entirely or partially on the premises of any of the following institutions: courtrooms or tribunals, prosecutors' offices, law firms or law societies of lawyers or attorneys of the courts, legal or human resources departments of governmental agencies, official institutions, or companies. They may also be completed at police stations, prisons, social or health services, and generally at entities whose activities are in the general interest, in accordance with the provisions of Article 4 of Law 6/1996, of 15 January, on Volunteering, provided they are formally recognized by the appropriate national or regional authorities (Art. 15 of the Regulations on the Access Law). The types of professional activities the student participates in depend on the matters that the firm or institution handles where the student incorporates throughout the internship. In any case, the internships essentially take into account the various jurisdictional orders (civil, criminal, contentious administrative, and social).
Competencies and learning outcomes
- Obtain and select relevant information and sources for solving problems, developing action strategies, and advising clients.
- Develop and manage the most suitable writing, reporting, and operating procedures for problems that arise.
- Acquire the tools to plan, organize, and channel activities in such a manner to avoid as much as possible that unforeseen, predict and minimize eventual problems, and anticipate their solutions.
- Consider as a whole and take into account different aspects and implications in the different issues arising from the decisions and options chosen, knowing how to choose or provide those most appropriate within ethics, legality, and values of social coexistence.
- Ability to work in professional and multi-professional teams efficiently and effectively, producing real contexts and providing and coordinating their own knowledge with other fields and participants.
- Make individual decisions and actively participate in making collective decisions.
- Understand and incorporate new technologies into practice.
- Discern conflicting information and develop a critical judgment about it.
- Learn to prepare and report cases, problems, or situations, and raise and defend potential solutions using different techniques - oral, written, or in presentation form.
- Learn techniques for analyzing problems and making professional decisions.
- Develop the ability to manage, monitor, and resolve any legal issue, both judicial and extrajudicial.
- Possess, understand, and develop skills that enable applying the specialized academic expertise acquired in undergraduate education to the changing reality facing lawyers to avoid situations of injury, risk, or conflict in relation to the interests entrusted or in their professional practice in courtrooms or before public authorities and in advisory functions.
- Learn the techniques for inquiry and establishment of the facts in different types of procedures, especially the production of documents, interviews, and expert evidence.
- Know and be able to integrate the protections of clients' rights in the context of national and international judicial protection.
- Learn different reconciliation of interests techniques and know how to find solutions to problems using alternative methods to the judicial process.
- Know and apply professional ethics rights and duties in the relationships of the lawyer with the client, other parties, the court or the public authority, and among lawyers.
- Identify and evaluate the varied responsibilities related to professional activity, including the basic functions of free legal assistance and the promotion of the social responsibility of the lawyer.
- Know how to identify conflicts of interest and learn techniques for resolving them, establish the scope of professional secrecy and confidentiality, and preserve independence of judgment.
- Know how to identify the requirements for the provision and organization of determinants for legal advice.
- Understand and know how to apply in practice the organizational, management, and business areas of the legal profession, as well as its associative, fiscal, labor, and protection of personal data legal framework.
- Develop skills and abilities for choosing the correct strategy for defending the clients' rights, taking the requirements of the different areas of professional practice into account.
- Develop skills that allow the lawyer to improve work efficiency and enhance the overall operation of the team or institution where it develops through access to information sources, knowledge of languages, managing knowledge, and handling applied tools and techniques.
- Understand and know how to organize and plan individual and collective resources available for practicing the legal profession in its different organizational forms.
- Know how to present facts orally and in writing, and arguably draw legal consequences in the context and to whom they are addressed, in accordance where applicable with the terms of each procedural area.
- Develop professional work in specific and interdisciplinary teams.
- Learn how to develop interpersonal abilities and skills that facilitate the practice of the legal profession in its relationships with citizens, other professionals, and institutions.
Objectives (Learning outcomes)
- The students will be able to manuejar the practical development of the activities of the lawyer in the prison and detention center
- The students will be able to learn and practice advanced form databases available to the counsel
- The students will be able to master the practical development of the activities of the lawyer in the municipal
- The students will be able to cope with the functions and activities of the legal profession in a real situation of professional practice
- The students will be able to capture in writing, orally and publicly expose defend an opinion offering solutions to a case or factual circumstances raised in connection with the professional practice of law
- The students will be able to develop any pleading or other legal document
- The students will be able to demonstrate with ease and safety everyday tasks in the fields in which the profession develops lawyer, always keep in mind the ethical significance of their professional activities
- The students will be able to apply the techniques, tactics and strategies that allow you to direct, monitor and resolve any legal matter as much judicial as extrajudicial
- The students will be able to have full knowledge of the activity of other legal practitioners (as well as professionals in the exercise of their profession)
- The students will be able to perform with ease and safety everyday tasks in the fields in which the profession is developed
- PALOMAR OLMEDA, ALBERTO. "Practicum ejercicio de la abogacía 2015". Aranzadi.
- Varios. "Practicum mediación 2015". Aranzadi .
- ORTUÑO NAVALON, M. "La Prueba Electrónica Ante los Tribunales". Tirant Lo Blanch.
Methodology and grading
- The final grade for the course "External practices I" will consider conducting mock trials, assistance to judicial judgments and actions and visits to various institutions (to courts or courts, procuratorates, prisons, facilities of bodies and forces State security, etc.) and performing attorney guards guard each student is assigned.
For the final assessment the following documents were taken into account:
-The Score on simulated trials
-certifying Sealed the courts with the assistance of student-trial proceedings or witnessed
-A Memory practices developed by the / the student / a
-A Non-numerical overall assessment of the placement tutor assigned
-The Overall assistance to the implementation of practices (the minimum attendance is required to 85% of the sessions established in the calendar of activities)
The placement tutor will be assigned by the School Association of Elche lawyers with at least five years of professional experience.