Course instructors are responsible for the course content descriptions in English.
The Final Master's Project consists in the completion of work that incorporates the knowledge gained throughout the program. These assignments conform to the regulations of the American Psychological Association concerning presentations of scientific reports. It must have one of the following formats:
1) Work based on observational, quasi-experimental, or experimental designs, and meta-analysis. This kind includes research that strives to analyze the prevalence and/or incidence of a certain phenomenon related to health psychology, the relationship between two or more variables, analysis of psychometric properties of evaluation instruments, analysis of the effectiveness and efficacy of psychological interventions, the evaluation of results from health prevention and promotion programs, etc.
2) Work professional in nature: Case studies that describe the evaluation, intervention, and results of at least one case the student worked on during his/her internship.
Professional and research skills in health psychology
Competencies and learning outcomes
- Acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to carry out psychological research, assessments, and interventions on aspects of behavior and activities of persons that influence the promotion and improvement of overall health, provided that such activities do not require specialized attention by other health professionals.
- Apply fundamentals of bioethics and the method of deliberation in professional practice, adjusting practice as a health professional to the provisions of Law 44/2003, of 21 November, regarding the organization of the health professions.
- Demonstrate interpersonal communication skills and the handling of proper emotions for effective interaction with patients, their family members, and caregivers in the processes of identification of the problem, its assessment, communicating the diagnosis and psychological intervention and monitoring.
- Critical analysis and use of clinical information sources.
- Use information and communications technology in professional practice.
- Formulate working hypotheses in research and compile and assess information critically for the resolution of problems, applying the scientific method.
- Develop work from the perspective of quality and continuous improvement with the necessary capacity for self-analysis for responsible professional practice.
- Know how to communicate and how to do so with other professionals, and master the skills necessary for working on teams and with multidisciplinary groups.
- Possess the knowledge of the duties and responsibilities of health personnel regarding the confidentiality of information and the protection of personal patient data.
- In-depth knowledge of different assessment and intervention models in the field of general health psychology, as well as the ensuing techniques and procedures for addressing behavioral disorders and psychological factors associated with health problems.
- Plan, implement, and, where appropriate, supervise the psychological evaluation process of human behavior and the psychological factors associated with health problems in order to establish their assessment.
- Design, develop, and, where appropriate, supervise and evaluate psychological intervention plans and programs in terms of the psychological evaluation and the concurrent individual and social variables in each case.
- Implement activities that promote and educate on individual and community psychological health.
Objectives (Learning outcomes)
- At the end of the course the student will be able to ... To know the characteristics of the Spanish health care system Recognize and differentiate between different fields of application of the general health psychology To know the role of psychologists in the health context · Knowing what General and specific competencies that should generally improve a health psychologist · Know act consistently with the ethical obligations of psychology in professional practice in a given situation · Use evidence-based psychology to know the influence of psychosocial variables in different health outcomes · Know how to use information technology to find the necessary evidence to allow us to use a theoretical model, an evaluation method or an intervention. Develop sufficient skills and knowledge for proper health management psychological activity Perform quality
Methodology and grading
- The work will be evaluated both by the same guardian appointed by a court as the effect, with the following conditions:
1. The tutor will evaluate the student's work, both in terms of content and formal aspects of it as the work done by the student (attending tutorials, COMPLIANCE-to deadlines, patterned performing tasks, etc.).
2. A three-member tribunal will assess the student's work, both as to its conte-out and formal aspects and the presentation and defense of the same. Of the three members of the court, at least two teachers will be master and one external to it.
3. The student's final grade is given by the weighted sum of the following quali-tions, which should be expressed on a scale of 0-10:
¿ The assessment by the tutor of the content and formal aspects of student work is 10% of the final grade.
¿ The assessment by the tutor of the work developed by the student (attending tutoring, meeting deadlines, performing tasks patterned, etc.) shall be 15% of the final grade.
¿ The assessment by the court the content and formal aspects of student work will correspond to 50% of the final grade.
¿ The assessment by the court of the presentation and defense of work par-student will correspond to 25% of the final grade.
Therefore, the assessment by the tutor will represent 25% of the fi-nal rating, while the evaluation of the court will represent the remaining 75%. To achieve the grade of Pass, the work has to obtain at least a score of 5 so-bre 10 in both assessments (tutor and court).
Work not for the evaluation of the tutor at least 5 out of 10 will not defend his work before the court, and may be specified review or need to file a new job. Failure to overcome this first phase, the student will be considered as not submitted for qualification.
This procedure ensures a high degree of objectivity in the evaluation.
2. After a maximum of 15 calendar days from the filing of the application and TFM in writing and electronically, President of the External Court notes shall work and students are informed whether their jobs are suitable or NO. In the case of having passed the first evaluation, the student may proceed to the public display and evaluation. This exhibition will be held at a date and place set by the Miguel Hernández University of Elche. The presentation of the project will be evaluated by an Evaluation panel of three professors chosen from who teach in the Master.
3. Both courts shall consist of a President (Professor highest academic rank and seniority), a Secretary (Professor of lower academic rank and seniority) and Vocal. A substitute teacher shall also be appointed. In any case the director or directors of the works will be part of the Evaluation Tribunal.
4. The President of the Court Evaluator UMH moderate the oral presentation of TFM. The Secretary shall ensure that the records are properly completed, following the signs to be attached to them.
5. The oral presentation will take place with the support means deemed appropriate and will last no more than 20 minutes. It will realize the most important aspects of the activity in it.
6. At the end of the exhibition, the Assessor Court may take any questions or clarifications deems appropriate, within a time limit of 45 minutes. After this period, the Court shall consider and proceed to give the corresponding grade and complete the evaluation minutes. The numerical rating could reach the maximum value of 10.
7. If declared unfit TFM (less than 5 numerical mark, Thriller on the scoresheet), the / the student may submit within the same academic year, in the next call, a second report including observations and answer done by the members of the Evaluation Tribunal. Should again be assessed as unfit, the / the student must repeat, modify or change of TFM.