Course instructors are responsible for the course content descriptions in English.
Concept and types of art publications: catalog, dossier, and artist book. Printed catalogs and digital publications. Other forms of serial presentation of artistic work. Critical and experimental approach to art publications as a part of the artistic project. Interactive electronic publications and hypertextual structure. Production of electronic publications: work flow, configuration, planning, and organization of contents and creation.
Los nuevos medios digitales suponen un gran cambio para el diseñador de publicaciones de arte facilitando la autoedición de proyectos con resultados profesionales. Afectan tanto a los procesos de creación como a la producción y difusión de las publicaciones. La transformación de la producción impresa evoluciona a la nueva dimensión digital planteando nuevos métodos de trabajo en ediciones propias o como diseñador autor de la transformada industria cultural.
Competencies and learning outcomes
- Know and master the procedural and conceptual tools for conducting advanced fine arts projects.
- Apply information and communication technologies (ICT) as a tool for both academic research in fine arts and the fine arts project.
- Be able to apply artistic procedures within the context of the project and research in fine arts in an experimental and innovative manner.
- Possess the capability of applying hybridization between various artistic disciplines in the development of a project in fine arts.
Objectives (Learning outcomes)
- Knowing the models and processes for desktop publishing art project and roles in the context of the cultural industry.
- Apply the desktop publishing techniques and methodologies in an interdisciplinary way with adaptation to discursive intentions and the innovative nature of the research.
- Being aware of the value of the publication and editing of artistic project, and its cultural impact.
- John Kane. "Manual de tipografia". Gustavo Gili.
Methodology and grading
- Lecture: Pass on knowledge and activate cognitive processes in students, encouraging their participation.
- Project-based learning: Realization of a project to solve a problem, applying acquired learning and promoting abilities related to planning, design, performing activities, and reaching conclusions.
- Continuous assessment through personal tracking 20%.
single assessment of theoretical and practical knowledge by presenting works and projects 80%.
1. Continuous evaluation of the subject will be established under the Plan of follow-up of the subject, that the / the student will be provided, establishing therein each of the activities.
2. Work or projects presented in the subject may benefit generally to one of the following three options, facilitating the / students their specific mode of formalization and presentation.
A. Implementation of technical and conceptual resources.
Performing a series of works to implement and develop a critical, experimental and interdisciplinary way the conceptual and technical contents of the subject.
B. Proposed research article.
Making a written work, formalized with the structure of a research paper, to develop a critical, experimental and interdisciplinary way the conceptual and technical content of the subject.
C. Integration into the personal art project.
critical, experimental and interdisciplinary incorporation of the conceptual and technical contents of the course to the development of the creative project / students.
EVALUATION BY COURSE.
It shall use the criteria above.
In the extraordinary call continuous evaluation will be evaluated from a memory monitoring plan provided follow-up activities that asignatura¿ / students must deliver.
Works or projects presented in this call may only qualify for the A and B option, provided that the C option is necessarily face.