Educational agents: society, family, and education; multiculturalism; sociology of the student body and faculty; information and communication society.
Esta asignatura permitirá comprender la educación como hecho social. De este modo se conocerán que los procesos de enseñanza aprendizaje están inmersos en una sociedad y cultura determinada, así como el análisis de todas las situaciones que se den en cualquier ámbito educativo en relación a sus aspectos sociológicos.
Competencies and learning outcomes
- Design and develop learning spaces with special reference to equity, emotional education and values, equal rights and opportunities for men and women, civic education and respect for human rights that facilitate life in society, decision making and building a sustainable future.
- Design and organize formal and informal activities that increase the participation and culture in the educational center; perform the functions of mentoring and guiding students in a collaborative and coordinated manner; participate in the evaluation, research and innovation in teaching and learning.
- Understand regulations and institutional organization of the education system and quality improvement models with applications at educational centers.
- Understand and analyze the historical characteristics of the teaching profession, its current situation, perspectives and interaction with the social realities of each era.
- Inform and advise families about the teaching and learning process, and about personal, academic, and professional orientation of their children.
- Understand the historical evolution of the educational system in our country.
- Know and apply information resources and strategies, mentoring, and academic and professional guidance.
- Promote emotional education actions, values, and citizen training.
- Participate in defining the educational project and the general activities at the center according to criteria of quality improvement, attention to diversity, prevention of learning problems, and coexistence.
- Relate education to the environment and understand the educational role of the family and community, in both the acquisition of skills and learning as well as education based on rights and freedoms, on equal rights and opportunities for men and women, and equal treatment and non-discrimination of persons with disabilities.
- Understand the historical evolution of the family, its various types, and the impact of family background on education.
- Acquire social skills on family relationships and family counseling.
Objectives (Learning outcomes)
- Adquirir los conocimientos necesarios para hacer frente al proceso educativo como instrumento de cambio social.
- Conocer las influencias sociales que produjeron cambios en el sistema educativo.
- Tomar conciencia de la influencia de los continuos cambios sociales en los diversos planteamientos educativos
- Adquirir los conceptos básicos del fenómeno educacional como hecho social
- Conocer la perspectiva sociológica aplicada a la educación
- Comprender la aportación de las ciencias sociales en los procesos educativos y de transmisión de cultura
- Entender el papel de la cultura en la formación de una visión del mundo determinada
Methodology and grading
- Case studies: Learning through the analysis of actual or simulated cases in order to interpret and resolve them by employing various alternative solution procedures.
- Cooperative learning: Develop active learning through cooperative working strategies among students and promote shared responsibility to reach group goals.
- Lecture: Pass on knowledge and activate cognitive processes in students, encouraging their participation.
- Problem-based learning: Develop active learning strategies through problem solving that promote thinking, experimentation, and decision making in the student.
- Project-based learning: Realization of a project to solve a problem, applying acquired learning and promoting abilities related to planning, design, performing activities, and reaching conclusions.
- The evaluation systems associated with the teaching methodologies followed in this master's degree for this subject are the following:
Continuous evaluation of this subject by performing work or test type tests. The final note of the performed tasks (NT) will be expressed on the scale from 0 to 10 with a decimal. The final weight of this part (WT = 0.3) will be 30%.
Transversal sessions. During the first semester we carried out a series of seminars and online courses of transversal character and multidisciplinary orientation on generic subjects related to the teaching in secondary. The final note in this section (NS) will be expressed on the scale from 0 to 10 with a decimal. The final weight of this part (WS = 0.1) will be 10% and will be the same for all subjects in the first semester.
Final Exam type test with 30 questions and 4 possible answers of which only one can be true. The final Test note (NE) will be expressed on the scale from 0 to 10 with a decimal. A penalty of 0.3 points is established for each erroneous response. Therefore the qualification of the exam will be given by:
Rating test = (number hits-0.3 * Number of failures)/3
The final weight of this part (WE = 0.6) will be 60% in the ordinary call the final note of this subject will be obtained by the following expression:
Qualification subject = NT * WT NS * WS NE * WE
in the extraordinary calls the final note of this subject will be obtained by the following expression :
Qualification Subject = NE
For more information consult the website of the Master (http://masterprofumh.es)