The main functions of the Vice Rectorate for Culture and University extension are:
• Coordination and dissemination of cultural activities within the university such as exhibitions, concerts, plays, etc.
• Coordination of summer and winter courses, as well as university extension and extracurricular educational activities, which complement the education of our students, employees, and society in general.
• Publication and dissemination of the university cultural agenda.
• Coordination of the University Classroom Experience (AUNEX) that offers comprehensive educational activities for seniors at 7 centers.
• Coordination of university publications.
• Coordination of activities for promoting language learning and Valencian courses.
• Planning and programming of the infrastructure, material resources, equipment, and spaces necessary for fulfilling the objectives of Culture and University Extension.
• Power to authorize and disburse expenses, and also process payments within the scope of its competencies.
• Sign contracts, agreements, and pacts on matters within its competencies on behalf of the Miguel Hernández University of Elche.