- The qualification of the laboratory practices (0 - 10 points) will weigh 20% in the final mark.
- The grade of the theory and problems part (written exams) will count 80% on the final grade.
Final grade = 0.2 * (Practice Note) + 0.8 * (Theory and Problems Note)
- To pass the subject it will be necessary to meet the following TWO condition
a) Obtain a grade equal to or greater than 4 points in the final exam.
b) Obtain a weighted average grade (20% practical, 80% theory) equal to or greater than 5 points.
Qualification of the practical part:
- The passing of the practical part of the subject is a necessary condition to pass the subject.
- Attendance at practical sessions is mandatory.
- At the end of each practice, a report will be submitted electronically for evaluation (the reports can be made by the couple who performed the practice together).
- Failure to submit the report, delivery after the deadline or plagiarism of the report will imply a zero point rating for said practice. Failure to carry out the practice prevents the presentation of the report.
- The report note of each practice will take into account the behavior, effort and dedication that the student has demonstrated during the practice.
- The mark of the practices (0 - 10 points) will be obtained as an arithmetic average of the marks obtained in the nine practices.
- Those students obtain an internship score of less than 5 points, they must take a practical exam in the call to which they are presented.
Qualification of written exams (theory and problems)
a) First partial exam
- Topics 1 - 4 (Structure of Matter)
- Date: 02/12/2019
- Will release subject if the grade is greater than or equal to 4.0 points
b) Final exam
Option 1: single exam. For students who did not attend the partial exam (or whose grade is less than 4.0 points)
- Topics 1 - 8 (all subject syllabus)
- Date: 01/16/2020.
- Theory and problems note: final exam mark
Option 2: completion of the second partial exam
- Topics 5 - 8 (Thermodynamics, Kinetics, Balance and Electrochemistry
- Date: 01/16/2020
- Theory and problems note: Average of the first and second partial exam marks.
Correction of practice reports:
- The clarity of the results will be assessed.
- The report should not only present the experimental data but also a critical discussion of them in what has to do with their reproducibility, the possible experimental errors made etc.
- The objective of the report is to allow the evaluation of student skills. The quality of the experimental data obtained is only part of it.
- Even if the experimental data are of poor quality, an adequate discussion of them would be expected, including the identification of possible sources of error and the comparison between the expected results.
Correction of the Theory and Problems exams:
- The exams will consist of theory questions and numerical problems to solve.
- In both cases, the ability of students to reason about the issues raised by applying the knowledge acquired during the development of the subject will be especially valued.
- In the resolution of the proposed problems, the appropriate approach and the adequate discussion of the results will be assessed.