FINAL EVALUATION of the subject:
1. A THEORETICAL exam (T) type test that will represent 50% of the final grade. In the test type test, you have to choose the correct option from four possible options. Each question answered wrongly subtracts 1/3 of a correct one. Unanswered questions do not compute. Only the answers that appear in the test template will be taken into account.
2. An examination corresponding to the PRACTICAL part of the subject (P) (50% of the final grade), constituting by two parts:
2.1 An examination of numerical PROBLEMS (45% of the final grade). In the examination of problems, all the calculations made will have to be submitted for evaluation and the results will be sent to a response template.
2.2 An examination with questions about the 2 FIELD TRIPS (5% of the final grade).
The attendance to the FIELD TRIPS will be qualified with 0,2 additional points per trip that will be added to the final grade provided that the previous parts are passed.
CONTINUOUS EVALUATION OF THE PART OF THEORY:
Two partial examinations will be carried out, the first at the end of the Didactic Units 1 and 2 and the second, Didactic Unit.
The PARTIAL THEORETICAL exam will be a test type, as it has been previously explained.
These exams will eliminate the subject of the final theory exam (June call) as long as the grade is equal to or higher than 5 points out of 10.
In the event that both exams are passed, in the June final exam it will only be necessary to carry out the theory part corresponding to the Didactic Unit 4 (Control and treatment of atmospheric emissions).
If the 5 points out of 10 are not reached in both partials, a final exam of the whole theory in the June call is mandatory. The partials note will not be saved for other calls.
- In order to make the average between theory and practical part in the final exam, it is essential to obtain a minimum score of 4 points out of 10 in each of the parts (T and P).
- In the case that a pass is not obtained in the weighted grade of the exam, the grade of T or P can be saved when it is equal to or higher than 5 points out of 10.
- In the event that the note of T or P is saved, it will only be saved until the December session.
- The mark corresponding to the laboratory practices of previous years will not be considered.
- The student will attend the examination duly identified by means of an identity card, university card or any other valid official document.
- The use or presence in the tables and surroundings of mobile phones, tablets or any other unauthorized electronic device is not allowed, nor of backpacks or bags, which will be deposited at the entrance of the classroom.
- Article 9 of the Student Evaluation Regulations will be scrupulously applied.
Consequence of the exceptional situation caused by COVID-19, and given the need to adapt the Spanish university system to non-attendance, the development of teaching activity corresponding to the second semester of the 2019/2020 academic year will be subject to the following changes in the teaching guide that are specified as an addendum to the previously approved for the subject.
Theoretical classes: they are recorded through Meet and are available on the Virtual Campus on the date scheduled in the calendar.
Practical classes: audiovisual material is provided with the explanation of theoretical concepts and step-by-step resolution of numerical problems. Visits to facilities are made virtually with multimedia material prepared specifically. All the material available on Virtual Campus.
Tutorials: the forums and tasks of the Virtual Campus and email are used to answer questions. Through Meet there will be group tutorials.
SUBJECT EVALUATION SYSTEM AND CRITERIA
The FINAL EVALUATION of the subject will be carried out through the Virtual Campus:
1. THEORETICAL Exam (T) test type (50% of the final grade). You will have to choose the correct option among four options. Each wrong question subtracts 1/3 of a correct one.
2. Exam of the PRACTICAL part of the subject (P) (50% of the final grade), consisting of:
2.1 Exam of numerical PROBLEMS (45% of the final grade). All the calculations made will have to be submitted for evaluation.
2.2 Test type exam on the 2 FIELD TRIPS (5% of the final grade). Attendance at FIELD TRIPS (face-to-face or virtual) will be scored with 0.2 additional points per trip to add to the final grade, provided that the previous parts have been approved.
CONTINUOUS ASSESSMENT OF THEORY 2 partial exams (UD 1-2 and 3) type tests through the Virtual Campus, with a percentage on the theory note proportional to the hours taught. They will remove material from the final theory exam (June) if the grade is equal to or greater than 5 points out of 10.
CONTINUOUS EVALUATION OF PROBLEMS Assessable individual tasks are proposed through the Virtual Campus. They may represent up to 0.5 additional points to add to the final grade.
To be able to do the average between theory and practical part in the final exam, it is essential to obtain a minimum grade of 4 points out of 10 in each of the parts (T and P). In the case of not passing the course, the grade of T or P can be saved when it is equal to or greater than 5 points out of 10 only until December.
[This brief addendum fulfills a double function: First.- It specifies in each subject the general criteria approved for the entire University regarding the adaptation of teaching to the non-presential format for this second semester: changes introduced in the teaching methodology and the evaluation applicable in this exceptional period (according to the Reflections of the Ministry of Universities, of April 4, 2020, on general criteria for the adaptation of the Spanish university system to the Covid-19 pandemic, during the 2019-2020 academic year, as well as the REACU Agreement of April 3, 2020, in the face of the exceptional situation caused by COVID-19) Second.- It makes public and official the change in the evaluation procedure and the criteria that condition it, guaranteeing the follow-up procedure of the qualifications by the internal quality guarantee systems and by the Evaluation Agencies]