The most prevalent nosological entities in clinical practice affecting the respiratory system, analyzing their incidence, etiology, pathophysiology, structural lesions, clinical manifestations, diagnosis, prognosis, and medical or surgical treatment.
Pulmonology is the branch of medicine that deals with the physiology and pathology of the respiratory system. Its basic purpose is the study of etiology, epidemiology, pathogenesis, pathophysiology, symptomatology, diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and prevention of respiratory diseases. The diagnostic and therapeutic principles of respiratory medicine are similar to those of internal medicine, although there are aspects that clearly distinguish both specialties. The most important aspect is the differential dependency and mastery of the techniques that are specific as they are, in the field of diagnosis, analysis of lung function, respiratory or thoracic endoscopy, cardiorespiratory polygraphy and polysomnography, and in the therapeutic setting, mechanical ventilation, interventional bronchoscopy and rehabilitation.
Methodology and grading
- Case studies: Learning through the analysis of actual or simulated cases in order to interpret and resolve them by employing various alternative solution procedures.
- Cooperative learning: Develop active learning through cooperative working strategies among students and promote shared responsibility to reach group goals.
- Lecture: Pass on knowledge and activate cognitive processes in students, encouraging their participation.
- Problem-based learning: Develop active learning strategies through problem solving that promote thinking, experimentation, and decision making in the student.
The place of the theoretical evaluation will be the Faculty of Medicine. Campus of San Juan de Alicante . At the present time may be appropriate to make the following evaluation scheme, whose composition will be adapted to the number of students that arise in each call:
1 40 to 80 questions multiple choice (test) with 5 possible answers and 1 correct answer. Each correct answer will be1 point and each incorrect answer deducted 0.25 and unanswered questions will not be assessed. It will tend to have a profile of clinical case questions. This part of the evaluation will result in 40-70% of the final grade, depending on the call. 2. short questions or so-called clinical cases, which will result in the remaining 30-60% of the rating. -The assessment of the theoretical knowledge rate between 0 and 10 points. It will be 95% of the final grade. The remaining 5% is found by the obtained note in 3-5 questions written at the beginning of each class, at the discretion of the responsible professor, and who were on the lesson available on the website of the subject. Each teacher will prepare the questions corresponding to the agenda which has developed and will correct the short question and/or clinical case which has made. -The minimum passing requirements will be: 1. average grade 5 among the theoretical test and class questions. 2. qualification of suitable in the bake-off. This score will be reserved for a maximum period of one year, if you have not approved the evaluation of practices. -Before issuing a final score, there is the possibility of revising the tests, for which there is a detailed "regulation regulatory" available as an annex next to the academic guide that each student receives at the beginning of course. Evaluation of practices punctuate as APTO/NO suitable, and will be held at the Hospital where has been made practical credits. It pass in the practical part will be valid for two years.
Where there are less students eligible for honors (top 9 final note) that possible fees, it may offer choice to that note by carrying out a research work with a view to its possible use in order to use as Final Degree Project.