Course instructors are responsible for the course content descriptions in English.
Rollout, organization, and management of telecommunication networks, systems, services, and infrastructure in residential, business, and institutional contexts.
The installation of new applications, the incorporation of new bearer and final services offered by a liberalized market, or the need to update or renew communication infrastructures, are often linked battles within organizations often in an unconnected way, without having Take into account the interactions that occur between all these areas when one acts on them. It is necessary to elaborate a Project that articulates in a coherent and technically justified way all these needs and the proposed solutions.
Competencies and learning outcomes
- Capacity to analyze and assess the social and environmental impact of technical solutions.
- Know and apply basic elements of economics and human resources management, project organization and planning, as well as those of legislation, regulations, and standardization in telecommunications.
- Ability to work on a multidisciplinary team and in a multilingual environment, and to communicate, both in writing and orally, knowledge, procedures, results, and ideas related to telecommunications and electronics.
- Ability to draft, develop, and sign projects within the field of telecommunications engineering whose aim, in accordance with the knowledge acquired as provided by Section 5 of Order CIN/352/2009, the conception and development or exploitation of networks, services, and applications in telecommunications and electronics.
- Knowledge, understanding, and the capability for applying the necessary legislation throughout the professional practice of a telecommunications technical engineer, and the ability to deal with mandatory specifications, regulations, and standards.
- Ability to deal with mandatory specifications, regulations, and standards.
- Capacity to autonomously acquire new knowledge and techniques suitable for the conception, development, or use of telecommunications systems and services.
- Capability to use communication and computer applications (office automation, databases, advanced calculation, project management, visualization, etc.) to support the development and use of telecommunications and electronic networks, services, and applications.
- Ability to use computerized tools in the search for bibliographic resources or information related to telecommunications and electronics.
- Capability for conceiving, deploying, organizing, and managing telecommunications networks, systems, services, and infrastructure in residential (home, city, and digital communities), business, or institutional contexts, responsible for their implementation and continuous improvement, as well as being aware of their economic and social impact.
- Knowledge of telecommunications standards and regulations on national, European, and international levels.
Objectives (Learning outcomes)
- 01El objetivo de la asignatura es transmitir al alumno los procedimientos, aspectos críticos, riesgos y las características fundamentales de un proyecto real, tanto en sus aspectos técnicos como en aquellos otros de carácter organizativo, económico, administrativo o formales que muchas veces son tanto o más importantes que los puramente técnicos.
Methodology and grading
- Para la superación de la asignatura se hace necesario:
1.- Elaboración de un proyecto de telecomunicaciones a propuesta del alumno, tras haber cursado la asignatura. (60 % del contenido total de la nota)
2.- Realización de un examen de 4 puntos, compuesto de problemas y cuestiones. El alumno deberá obtener una nota mínima de 2 puntos en esta parte. (40 % del contenido total de la nota)