- Professional practice of medicine. Legal requirements.
- Medical/Legal problems related to practicing medicine. Professional responsibility. Medical secrecy. Documentation.
- Deontology. Code of ethics. Medical ethics committees.
- Basic health Legislation. Spanish social security system.
- Domestic violence: current situation.
- Abuse toward women, children, senior citizens, and the disabled.
- Medical/legal action in sexual assaults.
Understanding the ethics and legislative framework for the development of professional activity. Being able to confront and solve new challenges and ethical conduct arising in the health profession.
Competencies and learning outcomes
- Know how to apply acquired knowledge and have the ability to resolve problems in new environments within broader contexts related with research in health sciences.
- Be capable of integrating knowledge and handling complexity when forming judgments from information that, being limited, includes reflections about social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of your knowledge and judgments.
- Know how to communicate conclusions and the reasons that sustain them, to specialized and non-specialized audiences in a clear manner.
- Possess learning skills that permit continuing studying autonomously.
- Understand the legal requirements for professionally practicing medicine and the medical-legal problems related with medical practice.
- Know the current situation of domestic and gender-based violence and the medical-legal action in sexual assaults.
Objectives (Learning outcomes)
- That students know the principles, values and current laws, which allow them to develop skills and attitudes to deal with legal issues and ethical dilemmas of their profession.
- The student will know the problems associated with abuse in the context of the family and learn to diagnose and framework.
Methodology and grading
- Case studies: Learning through the analysis of actual or simulated cases in order to interpret and resolve them by employing various alternative solution procedures.
- Lecture: Pass on knowledge and activate cognitive processes in students, encouraging their participation.
- Problem-based learning: Develop active learning strategies through problem solving that promote thinking, experimentation, and decision making in the student.
- Solving exercises and problems: Exercise, test, and apply previous knowledge through routine repetition.
- 20% attendance, Test exam 40%. A individual practical work 40%