This course focuses on the perspective of the engineer as an entrepreneur, and does so by examining the following topics: requirements and ramifications of a new company, identifying resources and capabilities, identifying and assessing business opportunities, and analysis techniques of business ideas. Its students train on designing a business model, critically analyze the business idea, and design an action plan to successfully start a new engineering firm.
Competencies and learning outcomes
- Autonomous learning capacity within the field of electronic engineering.
- Teamwork skills.
- Be able to manage, analyze, synthesize, and update information.
- Be able to apply the acquired knowledge and resolve problems in multidisciplinary environments.
- Ability to project, calculate, and design products and systems in the field of electronic engineering.
- Be able to implement, direct, and manage manufacturing projects and processes with electronic equipment and systems.
- Ability to conduct research and generate new ideas.
- Know how to communicate conclusions and the latest knowledge and rationale that support them with specialists and non-specialists in a clear and unambiguous manner.