Adolescents, learning mechanisms, role of the teacher in learning and interacting with adolescents.
Esta asignatura permitirá al futuro profesorado de secundaria conocer las procesos de desarrollo de la personalidad del alumno en la etapa adolescente así como los procesos de aprendizaje involucrados. Se prestará atención a las actividades de interacción social en el aula y se desarrollarán diferentes metodologías docentes que permitan mejorar la práctica docente.
Competencies and learning outcomes
- Know the curriculum content of the matters relating to the appropriate teaching specialization, and the body of didactic knowledge about the teaching and learning. The knowledge of the respective professions will be included for the professional training.
- Plan, develop, and evaluate the teaching and learning process, enhancing educational processes that facilitate attaining the skills of the respective education, based on the students' previous levels and training, and guiding them both individually and collectively with other center teachers and school professionals.
- Design and develop learning spaces with special reference to equity, emotional education and values, equal rights and opportunities for men and women, civic education and respect for human rights that facilitate life in society, decision making and building a sustainable future.
- Acquire strategies to encourage student effort and promote their ability to learn by themselves and with others, and develop thinking and decision-making skills to facilitate autonomy and instill confidence and personal initiative.
- Understand the processes of interaction and communication in the classroom, master social skills and abilities necessary for stimulating learning and coexistence in the classroom, and address discipline problems and conflict resolution.
- Understand the characteristics of students, their social contexts, and motivations.
- Understand the personality development of students and possible dysfunctions that affect learning.
- Develop proposals based on the acquisition of knowledge, skills, and intellectual and emotional abilities.
- Identify and plan the resolution of educational situations involving students with different abilities and who learn at different rates.
- Understand the processes of interaction and communication in the classroom and in the center, and address and resolve potential problems.
Objectives (Learning outcomes)
- Conocer las características básicas del adolescente.
- Conocer las características básicas del aprendizaje en adolescentes.
- Conocer el papel del docente y proponer modos adecuados de relación con alumnos
- Conocer y aplicar técnicas para trabajar habilidades sociales en enseñanza obligatoria
- Conocer y aplicar técnicas de motivación
- César Coll Salvador, Álvaro Marchese Ullastres, Jesús Palacios. "Desarrollo psicológica y educación". Alianza Editorial.
- Papalia, D. y Feldman, S. "Desarrollo humano". México: Mc Graw Hill.
- KATHLEEN BERGER STASSEN. "PSICOLOGÍA DEL DESARROLLO: INFANCIA Y ADOLESCENCIA". PANAMERICANA.
Methodology and grading
- Case studies: Learning through the analysis of actual or simulated cases in order to interpret and resolve them by employing various alternative solution procedures.
- Cooperative learning: Develop active learning through cooperative working strategies among students and promote shared responsibility to reach group goals.
- Lecture: Pass on knowledge and activate cognitive processes in students, encouraging their participation.
- The evaluation systems associated with the teaching methodologies followed in this master's degree for this subject are the following:
Continuous evaluation of this subject by performing work or test type tests. The final note of the performed tasks (NT) will be expressed on the scale from 0 to 10 with a decimal. The final weight of this part (WT = 0.3) will be 30%.
Transversal sessions. During the first semester we carried out a series of seminars and online courses of transversal character and multidisciplinary orientation on generic subjects related to the teaching in secondary. The final note in this section (NS) will be expressed on the scale from 0 to 10 with a decimal. The final weight of this part (WS = 0.1) will be 10% and will be the same for all subjects in the first semester.
Final Exam type test with 30 questions and 4 possible answers of which only one can be true. The final Test note (NE) will be expressed on the scale from 0 to 10 with a decimal. A penalty of 0.3 points is established for each erroneous response. Therefore the qualification of the exam will be given by:
Rating test = (number hits-0.3 * Number of failures)/3
The final weight of this part (WE = 0.6) will be 60% in the ordinary call the final note of this subject will be obtained by the following expression:
Qualification subject = NT * WT NS * WS NE * WE
in the extraordinary calls the final note of this subject will be obtained by the following expression :
Qualification Subject = NE
For more information consult the website of the Master (http://masterprofumh.es)