Learn, evaluate, analyze, develop, and participate in health education and promotion programs within the scope of occupational therapy to prevent occupational dysfunction in general and subsequent to medical, surgical, and psychiatric conditions and social inadaptation.
Occupational Therapy focuses its primary objectives in the occupation and activities of daily life and these are directly related to health psychology, a discipline that studies and explores the lifestyles, helping to better adaptation of people to their own limitations.
Competencies and learning outcomes
Objectives (Learning outcomes)
- 01Know and explain the concept of health and illness from a biopsychosocial perspective.
- 02Learn the concepts of education and health promotion.
- 03Know and explain the ABC model of prevention and health promotion.
- 04Know and explain the model of empowerment in health education.
- 05Meet and discuss the ways and means to work in health education.
- 06Knowing how to program is planned and guided practice in health education.
- 07List the stages of planning for health education.
- 08Understand and analyze the content of health education at different stages of human development.
- 09Understand and analyze the most important content of education and health promotion in the field of drug addiction.
- 010Know the most representative in dealing with chronic and disabling disease.
- 011Know and explain the content area education and health promotion of eating disorders.
- 012Understand and analyze the content of education and health promotion in the workplace.
Association between objectives and units
|Week||Teaching units||Directed hours||Shared hours||Autonomous hours||Total hours|
- Higashida Hirose, Bertha Yoshiko. "Educación para la salud". México [etc.] McGraw-Hill 2008.
- Toledo Fernández, Ana Margarita. Torres Pérez, Elsa María. / Alonso Unger, Dulce María. "La educación para la salud en centros escolares [recurso electronico].". Buenos Aires (Argentina) : El Cid Editor, 2009.
- Rochon, Alain. García Encabo, Manuel José pr. / Roig Llavería, Jaume trad. "Educación para la salud una guía práctica para realizar un proyecto". París [etc.] Masson 1991.
- Perea Quesada, Rogelia, dir. "Promoción y educación para la salud [recurso electronico] : tendencias innovadoras /". Madrid : Diaz de Santos, D. L. 2009.
- Blanco Abarca, Amalio / Rodríguez Marín, Jesús. "Intervención psicosocial". Madrid [etc.] Pearson-Prentice Hall .
Methodology and grading
- Case studies: Learning through the analysis of actual or simulated cases in order to interpret and resolve them by employing various alternative solution procedures.
- Lecture: Pass on knowledge and activate cognitive processes in students, encouraging their participation.
- Problem-based learning: Develop active learning strategies through problem solving that promote thinking, experimentation, and decision making in the student.
- TEORY TEST: The student must take note that the content of the review will be based both on the subject explained in class and in the bibliography of recommended study in each subject. Be assessed through one final test through an examination of multiple-choice test with five choices.
ASSESSMENT PRACTICE: Design and Implementation of a program of education and health promotion.