Business and entrepreneur. Objectives, types of plans, and decision making. Environment. The business as a system and functional subsystems.
¿Fundamentals of Business Economics¿ is a basic course of 6 credits, equivalents to 300 hours of work by the student, is given during the first part of the course of the Degree in Law at the UMH. Its main objective is familiarize the students with some basic knowledge of the concept, structure and functioning of the company. The program deals in first place with a series of general concepts about the reality of the company and its environment, the businessmen, the planning and business decision-making for, afterwards, include the production functions, marketing and finances, as well the Human Resources area. In addition, is proposed the study of a serial of problems of high interest for the current business world. The aspects related to the administration, strategic direction and business organization that will remain for a second course in the second quarterly of the same year.
Methodology and grading
- Cooperative learning: Develop active learning through cooperative working strategies among students and promote shared responsibility to reach group goals.
- Solving exercises and problems: Exercise, test, and apply previous knowledge through routine repetition.
The final evaluation of the course will be held on the date officially established for this purpose and include the following components:
A / Final examination of theoretical and practical knowledge of the subject, which will consist of two parts:
- Choice test (85%). Test comprehension test type in which the level of both theoretical and practical knowledge acquired will be measured.
- Evaluation of the acquisition of practical skills (15%) through the application of theory to a case study.
B / Continuous assessment which will run throughout the course (up 1.5 points): it may include exercises, issues and cases developed during the course. Students who pass this continuous assessment shall be exempted from the second part of the exam.
- Minimum required 4 points out of 10 in each of the final exam to mediate.
- In the test, the questions have three possible answers, one of which is correct. Two bad answered questions subtract 1 well (poorly answered subtracted 0.5).
- The teaching units are part of the material included in the examination shall be that rise to the platform by the teacher in the section materials and corresponding to those of the teaching guide, including readings which may accompany the subject relevant .
- The entry will not be allowed to spread any evidence once statements.
- Mobile and smart watches remain completely off. All electronic devices must be kept and turned off during the test.
- It is possible to use calculator.
- Indispensable identity card or proof of identity.
- Once the test is considered delivered as presented, unable to leave the room before the first 15 minutes.