History, paradigms, structured programming, flow control, control structures, and types of data and operations.
De cualquier profesional de la informática se espera que sea capaz de implementar aplicaciones que resuelvan problemas del mundo real. Esta es la primera asignatura de la titulación en la que el alumno se enfrenta al ejercicio intelectual de tener que diseñar e implementar un algoritmo que resuelva algún tipo de problema concreto. En esta asignatura se presentan las bases para el diseño de algoritmos y su posterior implementación con un lenguaje de programación concreto.
Més adelante, en otras asignaturas se estudiarán diversas metodologías y paradigmas de programación importantes, con los que desarrollar aplicaciones más sofisticadas. En la asignatura de Fundamentos de Programación se construyen los cimientos sobre los que asentar todas esas nuevas metodologías de programación.
Competencies and learning outcomes
- Critical and analytical skills in the area of computing.
- Knowledge about basic materials and technologies that enable learning and developing new methods and technologies, as well as those that provide great versatility for adapting to new situations.
- Basic knowledge of computer use and programming, operating systems, databases, and computer programs with engineering applications.
- Knowledge about the structure, organization, operation, and interconnection of computer systems, programming basics, and their applications towards resolving engineering problems.
- Knowledge and application of basic algorithmic procedures of information technologies to design solutions to problems, analyzing the adequacy and complexity of the proposed algorithms.
Objectives (Learning outcomes)
- 01Recognize the basic types of software for program development
- 02Correctly handle the basic options of an integrated development environment (IDE)
- 03Designing algorithms that solve problems according to a particular specification
- 04To use the most appropriate data structures in each case for storing data
- 05To implement correct programs that solve problems according to a concrete specifications
Association between objectives and units
|Week||Teaching units||Directed hours||Shared hours||Autonomous hours||Total hours|
Methodology and grading
- Lecture: Pass on knowledge and activate cognitive processes in students, encouraging their participation.
- Problem-based learning: Develop active learning strategies through problem solving that promote thinking, experimentation, and decision making in the student.
- Project-based learning: Realization of a project to solve a problem, applying acquired learning and promoting abilities related to planning, design, performing activities, and reaching conclusions.
- Solving exercises and problems: Exercise, test, and apply previous knowledge through routine repetition.
- The student must take several theoretical tests during the course of the semester.
- The qualification of each test will be "APT" or "NON APT".
- Each test will indicate the minimum score necessary to obtain the "apt" qualification.
- Students will have the opportunity to repeat the tests in which their grade is "NON APT".
- It will be necessary to do a complete practical work that includes the vast majority of the concepts learned in the subject.
- Each student must perform this work individually and deliver it within the indicated period.
- The final exam will consist of making modifications and extensions of the mentioned practical work.
- This exam will be evaluated by the teacher and his grade will constitute 100% of the final grade of the subject (it is essential to have the work to be able to take the exam).
- If the student has not obtained the grade of "APT" in all the tests, his grade will be "Not presented".
- If the student has not delivered the practical work within the indicated period, his grade will be "Not presented".
- The score obtained in the exam will be the student's grade, provided that he has obtained a grade of "APT" in the theoretical part and has completed and delivered the practical work within the indicated period.