This course intends for the student to gain experience planning, teaching, and assessing the material corresponding to the specialty, to master oral and written expression in teaching, to master social skills and abilities necessary for strengthening a climate that facilitates learning and coexistence, to participate in the improvement proposals in various action areas from reflection based on experience. In the professional training, the student will learn business typology corresponding to productive sectors and will understand the most common organizational systems in business. Specifically, the Practicum material is presented as the student joins a psychological intervention team at a health center or a multidisciplinary team.
Assessment and psychological intervention skills learning and improvement within the framework of the Health Psychology
Competencies and learning outcomes
- Acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to carry out psychological research, assessments, and interventions on aspects of behavior and activities of persons that influence the promotion and improvement of overall health, provided that such activities do not require specialized attention by other health professionals.
- Acquire, develop, and implement a comprehensive concept of health that includes its biopsychosocial components, in accordance with guidelines established by the World Health Organization.
- Apply fundamentals of bioethics and the method of deliberation in professional practice, adjusting practice as a health professional to the provisions of Law 44/2003, of 21 November, regarding the organization of the health professions.
- Demonstrate interpersonal communication skills and the handling of proper emotions for effective interaction with patients, their family members, and caregivers in the processes of identification of the problem, its assessment, communicating the diagnosis and psychological intervention and monitoring.
- Critical analysis and use of clinical information sources.
- Use information and communications technology in professional practice.
- Write appropriate psychological reports for their recipients.
- Formulate working hypotheses in research and compile and assess information critically for the resolution of problems, applying the scientific method.
- Understand the action framework of the general health psychologist and know how to refer to the relevant professional specialist.
- Develop work from the perspective of quality and continuous improvement with the necessary capacity for self-analysis for responsible professional practice.
- Know how to communicate and how to do so with other professionals, and master the skills necessary for working on teams and with multidisciplinary groups.
- Possess the knowledge of the duties and responsibilities of health personnel regarding the confidentiality of information and the protection of personal patient data.
- In-depth knowledge of different assessment and intervention models in the field of general health psychology, as well as the ensuing techniques and procedures for addressing behavioral disorders and psychological factors associated with health problems.
- Plan, implement, and, where appropriate, supervise the psychological evaluation process of human behavior and the psychological factors associated with health problems in order to establish their assessment.
- Design, develop, and, where appropriate, supervise and evaluate psychological intervention plans and programs in terms of the psychological evaluation and the concurrent individual and social variables in each case.
- Knowledge of current regulations in the Spanish health sector.
- Implement activities that promote and educate on individual and community psychological health.
Objectives (Learning outcomes)
- - To Evaluate and properly diagnose people and contexts, - To Perform critical analysis of the work plan of the center, - To Determine the needs of patients and professionals from the center, - To Participate in the activities offered by the center, - To Report on the work and activities both with professionals who accompany him in his task, and the specific actions -To Provide knowledge and ideas to the dynamics of the center. -To Identify, to describe and To reflect on the different models of intervention to improvements to established processes, - To Propose innovative actions related to professional practice.
Methodology and grading
- PRACTICES ASSESSMENT
-SUPPORT DURING THE PERIOD OF PRACTICE AND THE TUTORING, CLINICAL SESSIONS AND SHARING SESSIONS
OF PUPILS. ACTIVITIES ARE REQUIRED AND CONDITIONS REQUIRED TO OVERCOME
SUBJECT. IS NECESSARY FOR THE STUDENT TO SERVE THE DOCUMENTS
PROFESSIONAL GUARDIAN -EVALUACIÓN/INFORME ON THE PERFORMANCE DURING THE PERIOD
PRACTICAL (30% of grade).
ACADEMIC TUTOR-ASSESSMENT ON THE DEVELOPMENT AND ASSISTANCE FOR SEMINARS
PLANNED TUTORIALS (30% of grade).
"RATING THE ACADEMIC TUTOR (TUTOR JOINTLY OR ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL)
MAKE MEMORY / PRACTICE REPORT GIVEN BY THE STUDENT AT THE END OF THE PERIOD
(40% of grade).
SCRIPT PRACTICE REPORT
SECTION 1: DESCRIPTION OF THE CENTRE AND PATIENTS / USERS
1. FACILITY DESCRIPTION (TYPE, FEATURES AND SERVICES, REFERRAL OF USER
TIME SHARING RESOURCES, PROFESSIONAL AND SPACE OR MATERIAL, ETC.)
2. PROFILE OF PATIENTS (PROBLEM OR DISEASE, AGE PROFILE SOCIOECONÓMICOCULTURAL,
STAY MEDIA ASSISTANCE SCHEME, ETC.)
3. COMPUTER CENTER (FUNCTIONS OF EACH PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES THAT ARE MADE, OBJECTIVES
GENERAL METHODS OR TECHNIQUES USED)
4. NOTES TO THE STUDENT I wish to record.
SECTION 2: DESCRIPTION OF MEASURES IMPLEMENTED
1. DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE PROGRAMS, ASSESSMENTS AND INTERVENTIONS
2. ASSESSMENT TASKS EVALUATION, ANALYSIS AND INTERVENTION PSYCHOLOGICAL AS WELL AS
SECTION 3: ASSESSMENT OF PROGRESS AND PRACTICE CENTER:
1. ASSESSMENT OF THE FITNESS CENTER SERVICES AND RATE OF COLLECTIVE (FITNESS,
2. ASSESSMENT OF THE ORGANIZATION OF THE SAME (TIME, programs, activities).
3. ASSESSMENT OF MATERIAL RESOURCES.
4. Proposals or ideas that could be incorporated.
5. RELATIONSHIP WITH PATIENTS AND CONDITIONS OR ISSUES TO CONSIDER OR RESOLVE.
6. RELATIONSHIP WITH THE COMPUTER AND THE EXTENT TO WHICH ARE TRANSMITTED TO KNOWLEDGE
REQUIRED FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE PRACTICE.
BE ATTACHED TO THIS REPORT AS ATTACHMENTS:
- THE CONTROL OF ATTENDANCE SHEET SIGNED BY THE PROFESSIONAL GUARDIAN
- THE PRACTICAL ASSESSMENT DOCUMENT CONTAINED CONTIGUOUS