This research group is comprised of three senior investigators from the field of game theory, two investigators from the field of economics, and one from the field of optimization; however, all of its members participate and collaborate in other areas within statistics and operations research.
Examining and analyzing problems that can be approached from the perspective of game theory are among this group's objectives. Thus, the interest in affording solutions to situations wherein two or more agents may have a conflict of interest is reflected in its research lines. Issues addressed include the following:
- Management of scarce resources.
- Management of stocks and inventories.
- Market analysis.
- Analysis and design of auctions.
- Distribution of costs and benefits.
- Analysis of complex systems with multiple agents.