Consecuencia de la situación de excepcionalidad provocada por el COVID-19, y ante la necesidad de adaptación del sistema universitario español a la no presencialidad, el desarrollo de la actividad docente correspondiente al segundo cuatrimestre del curso 2019/2020 estará sujeto a los siguientes cambios en la guía docente que se concretan como adenda a la previamente aprobada para la asignatura.
Theory classes: Teaching is taught live in the bands established for the subject according to the official schedules of the degree, with the participation of the vast majority of the students. It is done using the Google Meet tool from the virtual campus (Universite).
Practical classes: The laboratory practices have been replaced by YouTube videos in which the realization of the practices that they should have carried out in the wet laboratory is shown. There is no other possibility of carrying them out in the case of the Organic Chemistry course.
Tutorials: They are carried out, at the request of the students, through the Google Meet tool, at a time agreed by the teacher-student. Others are done through email, answering the questions raised.
The final grade will be made up of three parts:
A) Final non-contact exam (55% theory and 15% practical).
B) Practical Reports (10%).
C) Portfolio and continuous work (delivery of problems and test questions for each topic (20%)).
Students also have an additional score of 15% for conducting and volunteering group seminars.
The minimum grade on the theory test to add the rest of the score will be 2.5. The rest of the considerations will remain as in the original teaching guide.
- The duration of the final evaluation is 2h and 30 min divided into 2 parts.
a) The practical exam that is called for 9:00 will last 30 min.
b) The theory test called for 9:45 will last 2h.
- These are test-type exams in which for each wrong answer a 33.33% of a correct answer will be penalized.
- Each exam will show in the browser, in successive screens, each one of the questions. You must mark the correct option in the answers on the screen. The exam is sequential, you cannot go back once you have answered a question. There are 12 screens in the practical exam and 45 in the theory exam.
- The completion of the exam can take place in two ways:
a) At the moment in which the student considers it appropriate and executes the action that implies the delivery of the test.
b) When the maximum time of the test has ended. In this case, the questionnaire closes automatically, delivering the questions answered by the student up to that moment.
- Review of the grades: The review of the notes will be online, via Meet, upon request of appointment via email.
During the test, students must behave ethically correct, comply with the requirements of the call and respect the rules that the teachers indicate at the beginning of it. Failure to comply with the rules established by the professor in charge, as well as the use of illicit or fraudulent means, may involve actions such as the cancellation of the test, obtaining the qualification of suspense, or any other measure that from the academic fields could be considered timely.
Information for the day of the test:
- On the desk you can have a pen, pencil, calculator, molecular models and some folios for calculations and drawing of molecules. There must be no other element.
- Only the browser with the exam flap open can be open on the computer. No additional application.
- During the exam, the connection to the Meet meeting will be made from a mobile phone (not from the computer), from which the video surveillance process will be carried out by the teachers. With the front camera (selfie camera), it will show a side view showing the student's face and hands, exam sheets and a computer screen.
- It is recommended to keep the mobile charger plugged in at all times and with the brightness of the screen to a minimum to avoid the risk of heating. In the event of any connection loss from the Meet session, the student must restore this connection and re-provide their image as soon as possible.
- In the Meet session, the microphone is closed and with the volume set to the minimum possible so that the instructions given are heard.
- Questions will be consulted through chat.
In the event that a student had a connection failure and for any reason could not take the exam at the time and manner indicated, a subsequent exam will be held. The subsequent exam will be a development exam with questions about practice and theory of the same difficulty and duration as the test exam. The exam will be sent by email to each student affected by connection failure and they will answer it and send photos of the answered exam to the teacher once it is finished. Said examination will be carried out the same afternoon of the test-type examination or the following morning after the teacher's coordination with the affected students.