Liberalization of the Spanish electricity market. Energy savings and efficiency. Electrical system structure. Electrical energy efficiency solutions. Industry. Services. Practical cases. This course focuses on optimizing power consumption, applicable to all forms of energy production, renewables and non-renewables alike.
Competencies and learning outcomes
- Acquire a mindset committed to the environment, the use of energy resources, and optimization of electrical generation and consumption.
- Ability to search for, acquire, and manage information on all levels, including scientific and technical literature, patent databases, economic indicators, and legislation.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing, especially in scientific, technical, economic, and business environments.
- Ability to use tools related to information and communications technology.
- Know how to function successfully in new market environments or under conditions different from those studied.
- Promote entrepreneurship and business creation among students so they use the resources available to them in developing viable business models.
- Ability to work on multidisciplinary and/or international teams, using collaborative tools.
- Ability to manage resources efficiently.
- Ability to edit and write projects related to renewable energy.
- Encourage understanding of technical texts in English.
- Ability to handle and interpret energy databases.
- Ability to analyze the role of energy as a key production factor in the economic system and operations of distinct energy markets.
- Ability to analyze and design monitoring and control systems of renewable energy based on solutions available on the market.
- Ability to understand the operation of conventional energy generation systems.
- Ability to understand and know how to apply innovation in the field of storage, transport, and energy distribution.
- Ability to know how to interpret and apply the Spanish technical building code (CTE) as far as energy efficiency is concerned.
- Ability to carry out energy consumption studies in industry and housing, optimizing them to improve energy efficiency.
- Ability to understand policy changes and their implications for efficient decision making in business related to renewable energy.
- Knowledge about different manufacturers and technologies available for different renewable energies, knowing how to distinguish and prioritize between different qualities and prices, depending upon the ultimate application.
Objectives (Learning outcomes)
- Know the protocol for conducting energy audits and the contents thereof.
- Understanding how the Electric Spanish Market and price formation mechanisms of Electricity
- Power handle different rates and learn about the components of the electric billing as well as how to optimize them
- Learning to compare and evaluate bids for the supply of electricity to know the different types of offers, features and advantages and disadvantages
- PIEDAD FERNANDEZ HERRERO. "COMO REALIZAR UNA AUDITORIA ENERGETICA".
Methodology and grading
- Case studies: Learning through the analysis of actual or simulated cases in order to interpret and resolve them by employing various alternative solution procedures.
- Cooperative learning: Develop active learning through cooperative working strategies among students and promote shared responsibility to reach group goals.
- Problem-based learning: Develop active learning strategies through problem solving that promote thinking, experimentation, and decision making in the student.
- Solving exercises and problems: Exercise, test, and apply previous knowledge through routine repetition.
- The course is assessed by means of consistent work on optimizing the electricity supply industry (recruitment parameters, modulation consumption, energy contract) working on a real example.
The evaluation was complemented by a multiple choice examination with a minimum of 30 questions.