Educational agents: society, family, and education; multiculturalism; sociology of the student body and faculty; information and communication society.
Esta asignatura permitirá comprender la educación como hecho social. De este modo se conocerán que los procesos de enseñanza aprendizaje están inmersos en una sociedad y cultura determinada, así como el análisis de todas las situaciones que se den en cualquier ámbito educativo en relación a sus aspectos sociológicos.
Competencies and learning outcomes
- For students in the educational guidance specialty, understand the psychopedagogical characteristics of students in order to be able to evaluate them and issue the necessary reports.
- For students in the educational guidance specialty, understand the measures of attention to diversity that can be adopted in order to provide the necessary guidance in each case.
- For students in the educational guidance specialty, analyze the center's organization and operations in order to coordinate the personal, academic, and professional orientation of the student body in collaboration with members of the school community.
- For students in the educational guidance specialty, develop the necessary skills and techniques in order to be able to properly advise families about the development and learning process of their children.
- For students in the educational guidance specialty, identify the public services and community organizations with which the center can collaborate. Moreover, promote and plan, along with the management team, the necessary actions to better serve the student body.
- CEOE21. Linking education to the environment and understand the role of educatorfamily and community, both in the acquisition of skills and learning asin education, respect for rights and freedoms, equal rights andopportunities for men and women and equal treatment and non-discriminationpeople with disabilities or any other personal or social circumstancethat may pose a risk to their social and school inclusion.
- CEOE22. Understanding the historical evolution of the family, their various types and incidencethe family context in education in general, and school performanceparticular.
- CEOE23. Collaborate with the management team in action for coordination with school families and designing strategies to encourage effective participation and collaboration in these educational processes.
Objectives (Learning outcomes)
- Adquirir los conocimientos necesarios para hacer frente al proceso educativo como instrumento de cambio social.
- Conocer las influencias sociales que produjeron cambios en el sistema educativo.
- Tomar conciencia de la influencia de los continuos cambios sociales en los diversos planteamientos educativos
- Adquirir los conceptos básicos del fenómeno educacional como hecho social
- Conocer la perspectiva sociológica aplicada a la educación
- Comprender la aportación de las ciencias sociales en los procesos educativos y de transmisión de cultura
- Entender el papel de la cultura en la formación de una visión del mundo determinada
Methodology and grading
- Case studies: Learning through the analysis of actual or simulated cases in order to interpret and resolve them by employing various alternative solution procedures.
- Cooperative learning: Develop active learning through cooperative working strategies among students and promote shared responsibility to reach group goals.
- Lecture: Pass on knowledge and activate cognitive processes in students, encouraging their participation.
- The evaluation systems associated with the teaching methodologies followed in this master's degree for this subject are the following:
Continuous evaluation of this subject by performing work or test type tests. The final note of the performed tasks (NT) will be expressed on the scale from 0 to 10 with a decimal. The final weight of this part (WT = 0.3) will be 30%.
Transversal sessions. During the first semester we carried out a series of seminars and online courses of transversal character and multidisciplinary orientation on generic subjects related to the teaching in secondary. The final note in this section (NS) will be expressed on the scale from 0 to 10 with a decimal. The final weight of this part (WS = 0.1) will be 10% and will be the same for all subjects in the first semester.
Final Exam type test with 30 questions and 4 possible answers of which only one can be true. The final Test note (NE) will be expressed on the scale from 0 to 10 with a decimal. A penalty of 0.3 points is established for each erroneous response. Therefore the qualification of the exam will be given by:
Rating test = (number hits-0.3 * Number of failures)/3
The final weight of this part (WE = 0.6) will be 60% in the ordinary call the final note of this subject will be obtained by the following expression:
Qualification subject = NT * WT NS * WS NE * WE
in the extraordinary calls the final note of this subject will be obtained by the following expression :
Qualification Subject = NE
For more information consult the website of the Master (http://masterprofumh.es)