Identification and definition of research objectives and designs in the area of addictive behavior. Discussion and reflection on ethical considerations in research on the specific field of addiction. Research designs and their predictive and explanatory ability. Advanced techniques of intercultural analysis. Quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques and mixed methods.
Competencies and learning outcomes
- Acquire the necessary skills to design and conduct research that permits evaluating aspects related with the behavior of consumption and its consequences.
- Be capable of carrying out work from the perspective of quality and continuous improvement with the self-critical capacity necessary for responsible professional performance.
- Explain, compare, and contrast theories and other aspects related with the use of alcohol/drugs and with addiction.
- Demonstrate awareness of ethical considerations regarding research in the field of addictions.
- Develop research skills that permit carrying out projects and investigations.
- Acquire critical analysis skills in research conducted within the field of addiction.
- Develop critical and reflexive skills to make decisions based on scientific evidence in relation to the different aspects of problems associated directly or indirectly with the use of alcohol and other drugs.